Topic Title: 7870 HDMI Audio Not Working
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/03/2013 09:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/03/2013 09:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
paymog
Peon

I'm having issues passing audio through the HDMI port of my 7870.

My current setup is as follows:

I connect my 7870 to a Yamaha receiver with HDMI and my Yamaha receiver connects to a projector through HDMI.

I connect my two Asus VE228 monitors to my 7870 through HDMI. The 7870 has two MiniDP-to-HDMI adapters. So, for my monitors, the connection starts at the 7870 with MiniDP and ends at the monitor with HDMI.

I use my motherboards audio output pass audio to two Logitech speakers.

I'm currently running a legitimate copy of Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

I'm currently using the 13.4 Catalyst drivers

What I've done to try to remedy this issue:

1. Clean install of 13.4 drivers
  2. Use Realtek audio drivers
  3. Refresh windows
When I use the AMD audio drivers (the ones packaged with Catalyst) I get an issue slightly different that when I use the Realtek drivers. 
When I use the AMD audio drivers windows doesn't recognize the HDMI connection at all. Another issue I have when using the AMD drivers is that when I try to open the "Manage Audio Devices" window (located in Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound) I have to wait ~30 seconds for the window to open.
When I use the Realtek drivers, the "Manage Audio Devices" window open immediately. However, when it's open Windows see that there might be an HDMI connection but with an error message of "ATI HDMI Audio Not Plugged In"
Another issue I consistently get is that if I unplug the MiniDP-to-HDMI adapters then plug them back in I get a message from Catalyst saying that it has detected an HDMI-DVI connection even though I don't use DVI at all.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there's more information that you need, please let me know.

Statistics
86650 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.