Topic Title: HD7750 - Can I maximise a window to just one screen?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/07/2013 04:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/07/2013 04:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jacurrie
Peon

I have just installed a HD7750 and currently have it connected to an HDMI and a VGA monitor. I am using Windows Vista.

Previously, using the graphics chip on the motherboard I was able to use the two monitors as a single desktop (ie I could drag things from one to the other) but if I maximised a window it would maximise to just one screen.

With the new card I can either have both screens as one large desktop or as exact copies of each other. Also when dialogue boxes open they tend to be across the gap between both screens.

Is there any way of getting a window to just maximise to one screen with the new card?

Thanks for any help.

John

05/07/2013 05:46 PM

Author Icon
spyre
Heavy Wizardry

User error, AMD cards can do extended desktop exactly the same as you had it before.  You can also setup gridlines for Eyefinity mode.

05/07/2013 05:49 PM

Author Icon
Mime
Forum Moderator

If you don't want games or another applications to span both monitors at once, then you don't really need an eyefinity setup.

It might make your left easier if you just had windows handle your monitors as separate displays, and leave the eyefinity setup alone.

-------------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Troll Hunter

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Statistics
88806 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.