Topic Title: Sapphire Radeon 7750 Low Profile Supporting Audio
Topic Summary: Does this graphics card support audio
Created On: 05/07/2013 05:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/07/2013 05:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Consequence
Peon

Hello.  I had this graphics card for about 3 weeks and I've had two micro hdmi cord break (both the stock and one I have purchased.)  I was curious does this graphics card support audio via DVI (to graphics card) and HDMI (to TV).  The reason why I would rather use this because the DVI sits better than the micro HDMI cord.  Would there be anything I could download so I can listen to sound through my TV or does the graphics card not support it?

05/08/2013 05:27 AM

Author Icon
-rascal-
Farming Materials

The DVI and HDMI ports on the back of the card itself outputs audio and video. This feature was implemented since the Radeon HD 2000 series.

Because of this, you can simply use a DVI-to-HDMI adapter and get both sound + audio through.

Now, DVI and HDMI are essentially the same thing. Both Digital signals, BUT DVI is only video...while HDMI is audio + video through one cable.

If you connect to your TV via DVI (if your TV has a DVI in) you won't get sound out of it.

If you are only connecting your HD 7750 to your TV, please use HDMI so you get audio pass-through.

-------------------------

Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.1GHz FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Sapphire Radeon HD Dual-X 7970 @ 1150/1500 // Thermaltake Frio w/ push-pull (using Antec Formula 7 Nano-Diamond + Cooler Master JetFlo fans) // 8GB (2 X 4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX 2133MHz  // Corsair TX850 850W // Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD (OS) // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // Windows 7 Ult x64

05/08/2013 01:58 PM

Author Icon
Consequence
Peon

Well thats why I am confused because you you said that if I have a DVI to HDMI adapter I can get both sound + audio through.  I am using this cord: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-HDMI-Adapter-Cable-Meters/dp/B001TH7T2U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368035307&sr=8-2&keywords=DVI+to+HDMI

And audio is not working.  Should I buy a different cord for this to work?  Or is there something I need to download for it to work?   I already went through 2 micro HDMI to HDMI cords because they are not durable because the tip of it is not long enough.  You have to cut the wire around the tip that keeps it durable in order for it to go into the graphics card which causes it to bend and break.  If you take a look at the picture here of the stock adapter to get an idea of what I mean http://www.sapphiretechproav.com/wp-content/uploads/Radeon4-Final.png

Statistics
84703 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.