Topic Title: Issue with Dual monitors after reformat Radeon 7950
Topic Summary: Dual Monitor Set up no longer functions after reformat Radeon 7950
Created On: 05/15/2013 05:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/15/2013 05:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
gamesages2
Peon

Hey all, I am new to the forms and am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right directions.

I recently bought a new computer case (just the case) and installed my parts into it. Upon first boot up my computer did not load the OS and give a disk boot failure (odd considering it just switched cases). After dealing with that issue, reformatting, reinstalling windows, and finally reinstalling drivers I found that my dual monitor set up would no longer detect my second display (from minidisplay port (via minidisplay>displayport and adisplay port to DVI converter (passive))).

The set up worked fine before my reformat.

All other computer components work fine and games run as they did before the case swap/reformat. 

Both monitors worked fine before reformat.

Both monitors work fine independently on main DVI connection.

I am running a Radeon 7950 Sapphire with a Phenom x6 1100T processor, Gigabyte MA990FX-UD3, in a HAF XB case. 

I have looked in/defaulted my bios, rolled back drivers to 12.10 (what i was using before reformat I believe) and installed the new beta driver (13.5). The monitor is NOT showing up under device manger which is leading me to believe that the display port is no longer functioning? However I do not know what would have caused it to stop. 

Does anyone have any clue what is going on? Let me know if more info is required about my set up

Thank you in advance.

Statistics
84290 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.