Topic Title: primacy to VGA monitor over HDMI projector- HD6450
Topic Summary: How to give primacy to VGA monitor over HDMI projector using HB 6450 card
Created On: 05/18/2013 02:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/18/2013 02:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SamTheCat
Peon

Hello,

I have a Radeon HB6450 1GB DDR3 graphics card. My monitor is plugged into the VGA port. I recently purchased a projector (BENQ MW 519) which I plugged into the HDMI port.

When turned on the computer, it went through the bios boot with both the monitor and projector showing the screen(s). After passing the bios, the monitor went black and the projector indicated that it had and HDMI source but displayed nothing.

I want to have the monitor as the primary display (via the VGA output) and use the projector as a secondary (duplicate screen) output on a casual basis.

I presume that what is happening is that the graphics cards is giving the HDMI output primacy and perhaps something with the resolution is preventing either one displaying.

I can not configure this in Catalyst Control Centre / Vision Engine Control Centre as it only sees one monitor when I plug in the VGA monitor and neither screen displays anything when I have both plugged in.

Regards,

SamTheCat

Graphics card: Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR

Catalyst version: 13.4

Driver Packaging version: 12.104-130328a-155980C-ATI

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 270 Processor, 3400 Mhz, 2 Cores

05/20/2013 06:53 AM

Author Icon
SamTheCat
Peon

Additional information: I tried only the HDMI cable to the BENQ projector and this produced the same result: I see the initial pre-bios screen and the starting of the Windows sceen and then it blanks out prior to getting to the login screen. I have tried this with the resolution at 1280 by 800 as well as 1366 by 768.

I do not have an alternate HDMI target to verify if the problem lies with the HD6450 to BENQ interface or if it is a generic HDMI problem on the HD6450.

05/20/2013 06:56 AM

Author Icon
SamTheCat
Peon

I have verified that the VGA output from the HD6450 to the BENQ projector works, so the card can output to the projector but this does not solve why there is a problem with the HDMI interface. So - a workaround has been arrived at but any input on what changes I would need to make to have the HDMI interface work would be appreciated.

Statistics
85483 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.