Topic Title: VTX3D Radeon HD 7850 X-Edition 1GB - Black screen
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/24/2013 11:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/24/2013 11:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Miha44
Peon

Hello,

yesterday i got the in the title mentioned graphics card and well, i'm totally dissapointed so far... I upgraded from a Gigabyte HD 4870 (which ran flawlessly on my system for over 4 years).

So, i uninstalled the previous drivers, ran driver sweeper and cleaned the ramaining files, put the graphics card in and installed the 13.4 drivers. I started playing some games, like DmC, FIFA 13 and Guild Wars 2 to test it and it ran fine.. for about 30 minutes -.- then i got a similar issue as this one when playing Guild Wars 2: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxf8TqlLuCU" and this "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxRt7WeC1L0".

after this the computer doesn't even boot 90% of the time. when i power up the computer, i hear the "beep" sound, the fans are spinning but the computer doesn't boot. oh and i get the digital/analog message in the corner, after that only the power button LED on the monitor flickers, like if the computer would go into a power saving state or something.

But i managed to boot it twice, it ran fine on desktop, but when i started up Guild Wars 2 once again, it did the same, this time already on the log-on screen...

Help would be very appreciated and thank you already!

My system specs: ASUS P5QL-E, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400@2.66GHz. 4GB Kingston DDR2, MS-TECH MS-N750-VAL 750W Power Supply (i know it's supposed to be *****, but i didn't have problems with it for now)

-------------------------

05/24/2013 01:27 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
Nanotechnology Guru

With it not even booting it's either an incompatibility with the old motherboard, or, more likely, the power supply. Even though the TDP of the 7850 is 15w lower than the 4870, the greater power means the CPU can stretch its legs a bit more and result in even a higher power draw.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 05/25/2013 03:49 AM

Author Icon
Miha44
Peon

Thank you for your reply.

ah f******.. i knew it couldn't be so easy as just buying a new card, putting it in and everything would work as intended..

ok, so what would you do first if you were in my place? if there are compatibility issues with the motherboard, are there any bios settings i could "tweak" or something?.. and if it's the PSU, which one would you reccomend to buy?

I guess i'm gonna test the card first on another, newer & better computer as fast as i can, to see if it really isn't a faulty card..

Statistics
80914 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.