Topic Title: No video with HDMI
Topic Summary: No video with HDMI connected monitor. Worked last night just fine.
Created On: 05/29/2013 01:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/29/2013 01:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Zuull
Peon

So everything worked just fine last night. Came home today to turn on PC, and it wouldn't start. Just the fans and lights. This happened for a while. Finally, randomly, it started up, however, only the DVI, and DP-DVI monitors would display, but the HDMI monitor said, HDMI - No Signal. The HDMI monitor works in safe mode and upon boot up. but once to it gets to windows, it won't work. I have updated monitor and graphics card drivers. I have uninstalled said drivers and re-installed. I have tried a different HDMI cable, I have switched the monitors around, I have tried booting up with just the HDMI connected- all to no avail. I conclude that it is not the monitor nor is it the cable. It has to be either a software setting in the card or the card itself. Does anyone have any other suggestions? (Messing with resolutions does not work.) Device manager will not detect. Win7 will not detect the monitor. CCC will not detect the monitor.

AMD Radeon HD 7900 series 

All three monitors are exactly the same monitors from Asus

Any help would be awesome!

05/29/2013 06:40 AM

Author Icon
zipsi
Case Modder

One of the monitors is using active DP-DVI adapter? Its possible it malfunctioned (and then started performing like a passive adapter) and because of that all 3 monitors will no longer work at the same time. Just a theory, it has happened before many times.

-------------------------
Intel I7 3770K @ 4.5ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Gigabyte HD7970 ghz edition, 4x4gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2133mhz, Seasonic Platinum 860, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Black 1TB, WD Green 3TB+1.5TB, ASUS Xonar Essence ST, ASUS VE278Q, Windows 3.11
 05/29/2013 09:31 AM

Author Icon
Zuull
Peon

I understand you saying that and I thought the same thing, so I tried to run them seperately. All of them work separately except for the HDMI one. (this is also with rebooting the computer after every change.)

06/07/2013 04:48 AM

Author Icon
shaithis
Peon

It's an issue with AMD cards and HDMI handshaking.

Got a 7970 and a 7870 here, both refuse to display anything from the HDMI ports when connected to certain devices.

I have heard of people flashing compatabile firmwares from other cards but it's a bit hit and miss it would seem.

Statistics
80997 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.