atikmdag.sys BSOD or crash and recover.
The problem is persistent. I have completed the steps in the Troubleshooting KB, I have completed steps around other forums, I have done everything I can think of to fix it and still I have problems with games.
I have monitored the temps and nothing goes over the recommended. For some reason it won't let me upload the dump file, but i'm sure you've seen a million of 'em.
I would love for this issue to be a thing of the past.
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Device ID 1002-6739
Subvendor Gigabyte (1458)
Current Performance Level Level 1
Voltage 0.950 V
Technology 1 nm
Die Size 255 mm²
Release Date Oct 22, 2010
DirectX Support 11.0
DirectX Shader Model 5.0
OpenGL Support 4.1
GPU Clock 0.0 MHz
Bios Core Clock 100.00
Bios Mem Clock 150.00
Driver version 220.127.116.11
BIOS Version 113-xxx-xxx
Shaders 960 unified
Memory Type GDDR5
Memory 1024 MB
Bus Width 64x4 (256 bit)
Noise Level Moderate
Max Power Draw 127 Watts
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- 13.4. Has been a problem on all versions of catalyst I've used.
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, SP1
- This is a clean install.
- atikmdag.sys atikmdag.sys+23c5c fffff880`0485b000 fffff880`053ce000 0x00b73000 0x5154fbf8
- BSOD 0xa00000001 or the driver will crash and recover.
- Have tried multiple settings in multiple games to no avail.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Intel Corporation DP43BF (XU1)
- Antec CP-850
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
Name DELL 1907FPV on AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Current Resolution 1280x1024 pixels
Work Resolution 1280x984 pixels
State Enabled, Primary, Output devices support
Monitor Width 1280
Monitor Height 1024
Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 60 Hz
Applications and Games
- Borderlands 2, Dayz, Minecraft, League of Legends, Call of Duty Black Ops 2
- All latest version but the problem has been going on for nearly a year.
- Core 2 Quad 9650
- no OC
Motherboard BIOS Version
- Rkg4310h.86a.0088.2010.1216.2117 (this is the latest version)
System Memory Type & Amount
- 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-16)
- OCZ Fatal1ty
- Two IDE SATA drives 7200RPM
- All malware checks come back clean.
- Hardware tests show no problems with Memory, CPU, or HDD
- Registry checks are fine.
- Tests have been performed on each of the memory modules individually for 24 hours each. No errors.
- The software used was from the Geek Squad MRI.