Topic Title: Need Help/input
Topic Summary: Graphic bug
Created On: 06/20/2013 11:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/20/2013 11:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stargaz3rr
Grinding Levels

Hello guys, i need help.

So here's the problem, you see i bought my hd 7950 months ago and experience some graphic bug/glitch on some games. Example :

- In metro 2033 if look at the light source the light effect dissapear and theres some wird white smoke appear from it. eee..... it's hard to explain with words (i'll post a picture of it later, i'm at work right now).

- In Call of Juarez : Gunslinger, screen flicker at random.

- I got a black screen during windows boot or during gaming.

Its some example i can think of right now. So basically i thought it was the video card and i returned it to the distributor. 1 Month later (damn those distributor) i finally get my replacement they gave me the vapor-x model, the previous card it's just the dual-x model.

It turned out my replacement give me the same problem minus the black screen during windows boot up/gaming (need to test more to make sure). So i'm starting to think maybe it's not the GPU maybe it's something else, i already ruled out the probability of Bad rams stick and  bad CPU.

The last 2 thing i need to check it's either the PSU or the motherboard it self. Now i need some input, is there something else i need to check beside the things that i have done ? any input is appreciated.

Oh yeah almost forgot, I've tried using my old HD 6870 and doesn't cause any problem at all. So i'm thinking maybe i got 2 bad video card in a row, or maybe because 7950 use more power it show that i got a bad power supply. Right now i' thinking to use the second PCI-E slot it's a 3.0@8x and see if the problem will persist.

Thanks

Thanks.   

-------------------------

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, Intel i5 3570k 2x4 GB Kingston, Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-XSeasonic M12II 850W, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Seagate 500GB, Seagate 2TB

Statistics
80930 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.