Topic Title: HD5450 cards: 2nd HDMI connection keeps grabbing primary desktop status
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/22/2013 07:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/22/2013 07:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
horn34
Peon

I have 2 HD5450 cards installed in a desktop. Latest drivers installed today. One HDMI cable connection to a Harman Kardon AVR1700 receiver. One HDMI to DVI cable to a Rosewill KVM switch connected to a Samsung P2770HD monitor. Until today, everything was working fine. The Samsung is my primary monitor and I do all my work there. Now when I power on the receiver, it instantly grabs primary monitor status and leaves me with an empty desktop I can't control on my Samsung. If I turn the receiver off, the Samsung becomes primary again. The Samsung has always been set to primary. I can power up the projector connected to the receiver and switch back the Samung to primary after the receiver grabs control, but as soon as the receiver and projector are powered off, the problem persists. Powering on the receiver causes my Samsung to become secondary. I've swapped the card positions and moved the cables back and forth. No change.

Again, this only starting happening afer I upgraded the ATI drivers. I rolled back to the previous version with no change. How can I fix this?

06/25/2013 07:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
CraigVMN
Peon

You should be able to open the Catalyst control center and use the desktop management tab to set which display is the primary.

-------------------------
Statistics
84264 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.