Topic Title: 2nd monitor blank screen
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/25/2013 10:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/25/2013 10:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cypher0117
Peon

I can't seem to figure out this issue I'm having.  I have an asus HD7850 installed in my new system and the second monitor has a blank screen, but only while plugged in via DVI cable.  If I use a DVI-VGA adaptor, the screen works, but I would like to get it working over DVI for a better picture.

scenarios that I've tried:

2nd monitor is plugged in via DVI.  It will work in bios and windows 7 boot up until the log in screen.  Then it will go black.  It doesn't lose signal, it's just black.  I can unplug the cable and see the monitor display "No Signal" and then go into standby.  Plugging the cable back in will change the monitor led indicator color but will only display a black screen.  The monitor turns on and operates normally in windows safe mode while connected with a DVI cable.

2nd monitor will work all the time if connected with a DVI-VGA adaptor.

Booting a livecd/dvd linux distro, the 2nd monitor will work through DVI

Connected to my old pc running xp and nvidia graphics, this monitor works with DVI no problem.

My primary monitor will work over DVI interface no matter what port it is plugged into on the video card.  Both DVI plugs and with a display port to dvi connector.  Primary monitor also works through hdmi.  So I have confirmed all ports on the video card are operational.

Could this be an HDCP issue?  My primary monitor is HDCP compliant, but secondary monitor is not.

Could this be a Catalyst issue?

system specs:
gigabyte 990fxa-ud3
fx-6350
asus 7850 2gb with latest non-beta drivers
primary display: viewsonic vx2260wm (always works)
second display: viewsonic vp920b <-- problem child

Statistics
84897 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.