Topic Title: Low FPS with a Radeon HD7970
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/29/2013 02:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/29/2013 02:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Killerabbit
Peon

I have been playing Arma 3 for the past few weeks with poor FPS and just assuming that its an alpha so lets forgive it for its failings. After the beta came out however I was talking to a friend who has an identical system, he is getting 60fps on Ultra vs 30fps on medium settings.

So i figured I will try haven benchmark and I got a score of 850, if you dont know haven, thats less than half of what I should be getting.

My system specs:

• Intel core i7 2600k - not over clocked
  • 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
  • 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black
  • Sapphire HD7970 (runs at about 925MHz)
  • 650W XFX XXX Edition Powersupply

So to go through the usual questions people ask

I have never had an Nvidea card in this system, so its not a drive conflict

Im on driver version 13.4

I have totally removed all my drivers and reinstalled them

there is no background programs, and im not running anything like fraps

This issue has developed over the past few weeks, I have run haven before and did not get those results.

Im just wondering if there could be a physical issue with my card or possibly with my power supply, but if anyone has any ideas what this issue could be that would be amazing!

07/01/2013 09:56 PM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

Check CPU and GPU usage.  And also clarify what you consider "identical".

07/04/2013 03:49 AM

Author Icon
thominho
Peon

1)try another game if you have low fps and at this game then try this go to ati catalyst and see if you have change something from games section which is above overclock option if yes enter default press apply and you are ready.

2)if above doesnt worked then see if you had put at arma 3 interface resolution at very high{it is the setting that make arma games very heavy games}

3)look the temp of your graphic card big temps make gpu chip throttle down in order not to burn so clean your gpu and look also if it has enough thermal paste the fan.

4)if nothings from above doesnt help then probably is a game issue or a drivers a issue i dont think is your system because is more than enough to have at medium setting so low fps at arma 3

Now IF ANYTHING HAPPENS THIS IS THE LATEST THING YOU MUST DO format os and put them again could be an setting you do months before withought you understand it which made this problem

07/04/2013 11:35 PM

Author Icon
Rmart003
Peon

In addition to what thominho was saying, you should monitor your card's behavior. Check to see if clocks change or if your card is getting too hot etc. I would also check if any of your hardware is defective. I recommed using the latest version of MSI Afterburner to monitor your card's performance in-game. 

Statistics
85396 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.