XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
Windows 7 64bit
Whenever I play certain games, my computer randomly going into sleep mode (or rather, the display turns off) while the computer keeps running. a few key points:
1) This happens randomly. it can take 2-3 minutes to happen, but also an hour.
2) The computer keeps running. Only the display and sound disappear.
3) The keyboard, mouse, or anything else for that matter are not responding. The only way to bring it back alive is via force restart.
This happens on certain games, namely - Tropico 3, Heroes 6, Magic: The gathering and more... While games like Mass Effect 1,2,3, and The Witcher are working fine.
I'm running Windows 7 64bit on an Inter Core i5-3470 CPU, 8gigs ram, and XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5.
Here are a few things I've already tried:
1) Drivers are fully updated
2) System power options are set to High performance
3) I've monitored the GPU temperature during some of the games and it doesn't overheat. (light games like Magic: The gathering don't go over the 50c )
Motherboard or System Make & Model
MSI B75MA-P45, Socket-1155
Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W PSU
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
Tested on both monitor and TV:
Asus 24" LED VG248QE and LG 42" LCD-TV 42LD550
Inter Core i5-3470 CPU 3.20GHz
System Memory Type & Amount
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB
No additional hardware worth mentioning. regular hardisks, no SSD, no exta pci