Topic Title: can't see POST on HDTV connected through HDMI or DP to HD6790
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/16/2013 02:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/16/2013 02:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
braian-k
Peon

Hi all, I got an HD6790 and I wish to use an HDTV as a default screen (from boot), so I can see BIOS settings or install an OS without connecting a PC monitor. My HDTV has a VGA input, if I use it connected to DVI adapter on my video card, I can see POST screen and do what I said, but I want to do that with my TV's HDMI input. I tried to do it by using HDMI to HDMI cable and HDMI to DisplayPort cable with no luck. I read on the internet that other users can use HDTVs as default monitors and see POST or install OSes via HDMI, so I don't believe this is a hardware limitation. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance.

07/17/2013 02:51 PM

Author Icon
braian-k
Peon

no answers?

07/17/2013 09:28 PM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

All I can say is that when I boot my laptop when connected to the TV via HDMI, I do see the POST screens.

I'd suggest searching for similar problems with your television, since it seems likely to be the root cause of the problem.

07/19/2013 04:56 PM

Author Icon
braian-k
Peon

Thanks for your answer, well I got an HP laptop and when I connect it via HDMI to my TV, I do see POST. I also tried another PC with a Radeon card via HDMI in my TV and I can also see POST. I believe the problem is with my card. Maybe there is a BIOS update for my card? Thanks

Statistics
88944 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.