Topic Title: Display driver crashing Windows. Radeon HD 6700 Windows 8 64 bit.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/19/2013 12:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/19/2013 12:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
NlightNme23
Peon

I refreshed my PC through windows 8 yesterday, which wipes all drivers and software. Upon doing so, I got the black frame around my monitor that seems to be pretty common through several issues I have seen. The only way to fix this is through settings in CCC. I went to download the software suite for windows 8, and I got black-screened during the display driver install. The computer made several connect/disconnect sounds before and while flickering to a black screen. Upon a reboot, windows will not launch. I can mess around with a few things and try to get it to repair, but it never works and I end up having to reset windows through my boot disc. Here is a link that shows all of the specs of my hardware (I bought the PC as a whole). http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7497458&srkey=c122-g1425Thanks in advance for all of your help. This issue has me really frustrated, as I have so far been unable to find a solution despite my best efforts. I'm reluctant to start reinstalling everything else due to the uncertainty this issue is bringing. Thus, my computer is pretty useless to me until I can sort this out. Thanks again.
 07/19/2013 02:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

Please see the Sticky "Read Before Posting" so you could give the appropriate information.

This will help those who would be giving you advise to help you with your issue

-------------------------

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

Statistics
84160 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.