- Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- Catalyst Control Center: 2013.0328.2218.38225
- Had the autoinstaller run two days ago, first uninstalled previous driver and then installed the current one. Issue persisted.
- Windows 8, 64 bit
Two different symptoms, maybe unrelated.
1) When rendering websites in Firefox (latest version), sometimes a pattern of black squares covers small parts of the window. The issue appears on scrolling and sticks with the scrolled content, but also disappears as randomly as it appears.
It's not a major issue and i can deal with it just fine. It looks rather graphics card related though, i'll try to grab a screenshot.
Edit: "Firefox Tile bug" from here sounds like this, but i'm not sure if it's the same. Not that there would be anything helpful about it.
Also, i've experienced heavily distorted graphics on soundcloud.com. Again, i doubt this is browser/site related. Got a screenshot for that.
2) The screen occasionally goes black for about 2-3 seconds. I haven't been able to make out any trigger for this, it happens randomly and does not seem tied to any specific program, action or timing. There's a good chance of it happening multiple times in a row, like 3 times in 15 seconds, but then not again for hours.
Whenever this happens, a single line of red pixels appears roughly in the upper third of the screen. It only lasts very briefly before/after the black screen but i noticed that it's always there.
This is a major issue and annoyance, it heavily disrupts.
It is not overheating related. The card basically stays at 30°C the entire time, no matter what i'm doing, most games i play don't even put the card under load. But since the issue also appears after a fresh reboot with a cold card, it cannot be temperature-related.
Reproducing is not trivial as i can go for hours without anything happening.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP, Socket 1155
- be quiet! Pure Power L7 530W
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Acer G246HLBBID, HDMI-cable into the card
Applications and Games
- Seen it happen the most when browsing in Firefox, but also happens when playing e.g. Firefall. Does not seem tied to any particular application.
- Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz, not overclocked.
System Memory Type & Amount
- 2x 8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
- Zalman Z11 Plus Midi Tower with default case fans (again, overheating cannot be the issue)
- System running on 128 GB SSD, 3 TB HDD for data.
- ...and a CD/DVD drive. LG GH24NS.
I got screenshots but i get an "Error uploading file" when trying to upload the .png files. Does the forum want another format?
02:27 PM by