Topic Title: System Instability on SurroundView
Topic Summary: My system keeps crashing in AMD Surroundview
Created On: 08/02/2013 11:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/02/2013 11:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
QlootZillah
Peon

Hi All,

I'm having a very big issue, and it is driving me nuts.

Short:
I am using AMD SurroundView but my system keeps crashing.
Everytime i login to my system it starts with Explorer crashing.
When i want to check my system specs by RMB on Computer -> properties, i get an explorer crashing and my desktop resets.

I have tried different drivers, and now i am using the latest BETA legacy drivers for my IGP and the latest BETA drivers for my PEG VGA.

Before i update the drivers, i was having the same issues but both driver packages were the latest stable releases.

My IGP is a Radeon HD 3300
My PEG VGA is a Radeon HD 6870

My System:
FOXCONN A7DA-S
Phenom 9850BE
4GB DDR2 OCZ Platinum Series
MUSHKIN CHRONOS DELUXE 240GB SSD
Silverstone 650Watt Bronze PSU (forgot model name)

I've tried anything that could relate to this issue.
When i disable my IGP everything works fine, when i enable it the trouble starts.

I've had this rig running together with a GF 9300 GE for multi monitor setup, but my PSU is just a bit too weak to provide enough power since i have a Fan Mod on my 9300, so i removed it and went back to using my IGP, also for compatibility reasons, but now i'm stock with the driver issues again.

Also, when removing my PEG VGA and using my IGP only, all works fine.

I guess it's something with the latest PEG drivers refusing to run with legacy drivers for my IGP, but there must be a solution i presume...

Does anyone recognize this problem?

Please, i appreciate anybodies help, but i'm more like if it's there, it should work. I'm not planning to buy another VGA and a new PSU to get it running in CF, since i don't need that performance too, so it would be a waste of money.

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Danny

08/03/2013 04:55 PM

Author Icon
RQuallsJR
Nerfed

Why not only use your HD6870 only. useing booth could be your problem.

I would disable the IGP and delete the drivers for it also then use your 6870.

-------------------------

Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P
AMD Phnome 2x4 955 Black 3.6GHz (O.C)
G.Skill 16Gig (4x4Gig)DDR3 1333 Dual ch.F3-10666CL7Q RIPJAWS-X
Asus 7770 2GIG 128Bit DDR5
CORSAIR 850tx 850Watt Power Supply
Cooler Master HAF932 ATX Case
Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler
Samsung DVD Burner Sata W/DL/lightscribe
Pioneer DVD burner USB W/DL/Lightscribe
2-WD 250 Gig HD
1-Hitachi 1 TETRABYTE HD
Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

08/04/2013 10:08 AM

Author Icon
QlootZillah
Peon

Hi, and thanks for your response.

The reason i want to use the IGP along with my 6870 is because i use 3 monitors in total, which all have a max resolution of 1280x1024.

I use them all for work and productivity like video editing, music mixing and stuff.

The second DVI Port does not work with my monitors, and none of them have HDMI support.

The second port is supposed to support only the new generation of monitors, which i think is a very stupid step AMD has taken.

Anyway, like i said, it's supposed to work along with the IGP, but it seems to have many bugs in it and that's why i'm asking for support.

Thanks again for your reply.

08/15/2013 01:28 PM

Author Icon
QlootZillah
Peon

Seems the support is left to the users themselves, just another drop in quality i´d never expect from AMD, yet another reason for me to make my next card a NVIDIA.

Dear AMD, i´ve been supporting you from the moment your first Athlon was born, and never touched an Intel CPU for my own use.
Also, i´ve always used ATi cards in my own system, though their support was proven to suck back in those days.

It seems since AMD has taken over ATi, nothing has improved.

I don´t know what you guys are doing, but i´m done with you, i´ve been ignorant long enough and it has brought me alot of stress and cost me a lot of money, but i guess you guys just don´t care.

Driver support sucks, product support sucks, in other words... AMD, you´re starting to suck.

I´m out, you can remove this thread since i´ve already ordered a GTX 760 already, so i won´t be needing your lack of support any longer, but just like the rest of the problems people have with your brand, you guys probably don´t care.

Statistics
84110 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.