Topic Title: Problem with Msi Radeon HD 6450
Topic Summary: Graphical Bugs on Every 3D Game
Created On: 08/02/2013 11:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/02/2013 11:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MasterAsia
Peon

Graphics Card
MSi ATI Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 Low Profile PCI-E

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
I have tested the 2 of the drivers MSI provided on their website 11.12 and 9.002

Update: I just installed the newest Catalyst Control Center driver and i'm still experiencing these issues.

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Issue Details
The graphics card has been running fine the first three weeks but recently I've been getting graphical bugs in every 3d game I test where the models stretch into infinity.

(Will update this post with more Screenshots soon)

TF2 (Source Engine)

Warframe (Evolution Engine)

DMC 5 (Unreal Engine 3)

Update: It's been doing this on every single game I try. For some reason only character models are affected or props that move alot. I hope it's just a driver problem and that my graphics card isn't dying already, I currently don't have the means to upgrade so even if it's just a temporary fix, that will have to do.

I'm going to try putting the RadeonHD6450 on a different machine tommorow and will update with results to single out if the problem is something in my computer or the video card itself

Motherboard or System Make & Model
eMachines T5226

Power Supply

300W PSU

Applications and Games

Warframe

Red Orchestra 2

Team Fortress 2

Garry's Mod

DMC: Devil May Cry

CPU Details
Intel Pentium D Processor 925 (Dual-Core)

System Memory Type & Amount
1x2GB Corsair DDR2 240-pin
1x1GB DDR2 240-pin

Additional Hardware
250 GB SATA II

Edited: 08/03/2013 at 12:20 AM by MasterAsia
 08/04/2013 01:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
QlootZillah
Peon

Hi MasterAsia,

Looking at your specs i'd consider trying a different PSU.
It seems somewhat low on output to provide the proper amount of power to run properly.

When a PSU is too weak (or does not have enough spare output power), a VGA will show artifacts and if not replaced quick enough, it might permanently damage your VGA.

My advice is to try a more powerful PSU (in the 400w range, or more if you are planning to upgrade in the future).

The reason your VGA worked fine in the first few weeks might be that your PSU might have been running on its limits, and due to the high power demand for longer periods, the output power might have dropped a bit, be it now just under the required amount to run properly.

Note: Don't just buy any brand of PSU, but buy a decent brand.
A low-budget PSU which states to deliver 500watt might just (if lucky) provide 300/350watt of (unstable) power, which (if unstable) can damage other hardware too due to too high power peaks and too low power drops.

Remember; a good and stable PSU is one of the most important parts of a stable computer.

So try a more powerful PSU, and please post the results.

Regards and Good Luck.

Danny

Statistics
84664 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.