Topic Title: Question on software updates (included solution to my issue)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/05/2013 04:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/05/2013 04:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Xya
Peon

I am in the midst of trying everything in the AMD Display Driver Stopped Responding sticky, but there is not a mention if a driver update should be considered, and from what I have read I can't tell if an update happens at all. So, I am a bit confused- are updates to the driver dowloaded through Windows 7 update?

If there is a never version on the Downloads page, I can't really tell which one it would be, either. Your assistance would be amazing.

Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD 6450

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History

Operating System
Win 7 64bit SP1

Issue Details
"Display Driver Stopped Responding" - currently working on this.
If I go to video sites like Blip.TV, some Flash advertisments cause the driver to stop working. This did not start until I updated my Flash driver to the current, v11. Not sure if down-dating Flash would help.

Motherboard or System Make & Model
DELL XPS 8300
http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/Product/xps-8300

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
Sorry, I have no idea what is necessary here.

Applications and Games
Watching videos with Flash advertisments cause the driver to fail. Just also updated my Firefox browser to v22.0

Not sure where to look for the following:
CPU Details
Motherboard BIOS Version
System Memory Type & Amount
Additional Hardware

Additional Details:
I regularly scan for viruses, clean my registry and run antispyware programs. I also only download programs from trusted sources.

Aug 6th, 2013 UPDATE:

Yes, the newest version of Flash does not play nice with my AMD driver. I downgraded to v10.3.183.90 and I have not had an issue. I'll update again if anything new comes up.

Aug 7th, 2013 UPDATE:

Just as an FYI, it was indeed the newest update of Flash that caused my AMD driver to fail. I've been able to watch multiple videos and have not had a problem since I downgraded Flash.

Edited: 08/07/2013 at 03:11 PM by Xya
Statistics
84181 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.