Topic Title: dual monitor problem with radeon hd 7800 series
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/07/2013 10:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/07/2013 10:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pihglez
Peon

I have a Radeon HD 7850 (2048 Mb) on a Asus P6T SE mother board with an Intel Core i7 920@2.67 Ghz processor and 16GB ram. I have a dual monitor system with 2 LG E2242 analog monitors: one plugged to the VGA port (with adapter) and another to the DVI port (with an adapter too). It's running Windows 7 x64.

Everything worked fine until yesterday night. :-(

I leaved the machine rendering (as mentioned, yesterday night) with both monitors switched off and this morning, when I tried to swith them on, the secondary monitor gave up working properly... :-(

Windows (extended) desktop seemed to be ok, but the secondary monitor was all black.

Even now, Windows recognizes there are two LG monitors (that's ok) but the secondary one just displays in black! No desktop there!

I tried to re-install the drivers, re-switch the monitors, re-cable them and with the VGA port each one works, so monitors are not the problem!

When everything was ok, when I booted the system, I saw both monitors at the same time displaying the same boot information until windows extended desktop was showed up. This doesn't happen now.

Now, the main display works fine and the secondary one is always black.

Any idea on how can i fix this?

Thanks in advance!

08/20/2013 12:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Nevsky
Peon

I have a similar problem with the same card on an ASUS, P8Z77-V Premium with Windows 8 x64.  

Samsung Syncmaster 275T and LG IPS231.  

I usually have one screen black out whether I am using duplicate display or extended display.  Using the latest drivers.  

Using DVI and DisplayPort ports. 

Sometimes only the desktop on the main monitor is black, but I can see the Windows 8 Start Screen.

Any ideas?

Thank you. 

Statistics
84121 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.