Topic Title: Game(Aion) is using Integrated Graphiccard
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/09/2013 02:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/09/2013 02:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lichtkrieger
Peon

Hello,

I recently got a new computer with some AMD components, The APU-3600 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2,10 GHz and Radeon 5870 (put the FULL cpu name for them). When I run game I get lower frames per second than I was expecting. My friend thinks that the problem is because games are running on the CPU and non using my dedicated Radeon 5870 at all. I have installed the latest catalyst driver but am unsure of what else to do. Can you give some suggestions please? I turned the integrated Graphiccard on BIOS off but dont helped too..

PS My friend typed this out in english for me and I'd really like it if you couple reply in german.

Thank You,  Enes

08/09/2013 02:42 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

The APU you are using does have an integrated graphics component, and for certain the HD5870 is not compatible with the APU to work together.  I would agree (as your friend is) to not use the graphics component of the APU.

You can double-check in Device Manager under Display Adapters to see what is listed.  It should list the APU's graphics (HD6530D).  You need to go into the Motherboard's BIOS to tell the system to not use the APU for graphics, and rather the discrete graphics card in the PCI-E x16 slot.

Check your motherboard's manual for full instructions, or contact them directly.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

08/25/2013 02:50 AM

Author Icon
Lichtkrieger
Peon

Hey,

Thank you for the reply. My APU graphics already appears to be disabled in my motherboard's bios. Is there a way to confirm this in windows? Also I installed the latest catalyst software from your website but Catalyst Control Centre did not install, only the Vision Control Centre appears in my start menu and in this program there is no way to set which GPU games use, only their anti-aliasing settings etc.

Regards, Enes

Statistics
84891 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.