Topic Title: ATI Radeon HD 5450. Only 2 of 3 displays can be used.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/21/2013 11:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/21/2013 11:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Petroman
Peon

Hi. I have HD 5450 installed. I used 2 displays connected to VGA and DVI ports for a long time. It vas OK. But I desided to connect the third one.

Specification of 5450 says:
ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology17,1

• Three independent display controllers
    • Drive up to three displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls, and video overlays

So I connected the new display to HDMI port and realised that adapter can feel all the displays, but one (no matter that one is) have to be disabled.

If #2 and #3 enabled - the #1 is disabled in Control Center. Than I try to enable #1 - Control Center make me choose #2 or #3 to disable.

What I do wrong?

08/21/2013 01:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mark@AMD
Peon

The Radeon HD5450 you have will only support a maximum of 2 monitors.

In order for AMD Graphics Card to support 3 or more monitors, the card must have a Displayport output.

AMD Multi Monitor Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf0X0lNFmgw&feature=youtu.be

AMD Eyefinity Technology FAQ:

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/how-to/Pages/faqs.aspx#display-outputs

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

Statistics
84951 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.