Topic Title: Updated to Win8 | HD 7610M 2GB won't work
Topic Summary: HD 7610M windows 8
Created On: 08/22/2013 02:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/22/2013 02:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Feqzz_
Peon

Hey!

4. february or something I got my Windows 8 licens, and installed it. I loved Windows 8, and had 0 problems untill I tried to play a game.
I started to lag so much, and didn't know why. Later I found out that the driver for my Graphic card didn't work.

I have tried to download alot of drivers, from AMD and ASUS - Crappy webpages. No one works.

I downgraded to Win7, but it still didn't work! I tried alot in Win7 but it still didn't work.
I have now Windows 8 and i'm stuck in this problem.

Some information:
RAM:  6GB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50hz 2.50 GHz
PC: ASUS A53SK

Pictures:

When I'm starting the Catalyst center it's no settings there.
Sometime it won't install, and then I get this error:

AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer. The version of your graphics adapter is not supported.

Please help me!  

08/22/2013 02:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

The error means that your GPU won't work with AMD's reference drivers. So once you upgrade to Win8, you will have to obtain Win8 drivers from ASUS.

That Verification Tool analyzed your hardware and determined that the AMD software isn't compatible with your laptop (due to the change to Win8), so you can only obtain the drivers from ASUS. If they don't have any drivers for you, you'll be limited to the ones currently in use, provided by Microsoft.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
Statistics
84121 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.