Topic Title: New Graphics Card showing wrong memory
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/23/2013 10:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/23/2013 10:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kaze191
Peon

Hey Guys,

I recently upgraded my graphics card (marginally) from RADEON 4850 to RADEON 4870.  My old model 4850 had 512mb, and one of the reasons i upgraded to the 4870 was that i needed 1gb of memory to keep upto date with new relases.

Anyway when installing my new card and booting up, Windows shows the memory as 512mb, as does GPU-Z and 'canyourunit'. However I know for a fact that the i bought a 1GB model, so why is it not being recognised?

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated

**notes

My specs are:

amd phenom II X4 850

4gb ddr3 RAM

Win7 64-bit

* Also i dont no if this may be the problem, but when windows first updated my drivers and needed a restart, my pc bluescreened just before i could press ok. ( However i have checked and the drivers ARE up to date

08/23/2013 03:47 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

What does the Catalyst software display under Information->Hardware, in terms of memory usage? It seems silly, but have you re-run your Windows Experience Index so that it can analyze the hardware and possibly find that memory? And lastly, can you get the 102- Part Number from the back of the card to run it through our database, just to make sure that it is indeed a 1GB model?

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 08/23/2013 06:54 PM

Author Icon
kaze191
Peon

Hi thanks for replying,  i think i may have been misold this product second hand,

I think it may be 512mb..

can I ask you to double check please? or link me to the database for me to check: my part number is:

pn 102 B50701 19 AT

Statistics
80943 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.