Topic Title: New Graphics Card showing wrong memory
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/23/2013 10:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/23/2013 10:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kaze191
Peon

Hey Guys,

I recently upgraded my graphics card (marginally) from RADEON 4850 to RADEON 4870.  My old model 4850 had 512mb, and one of the reasons i upgraded to the 4870 was that i needed 1gb of memory to keep upto date with new relases.

Anyway when installing my new card and booting up, Windows shows the memory as 512mb, as does GPU-Z and 'canyourunit'. However I know for a fact that the i bought a 1GB model, so why is it not being recognised?

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated

**notes

My specs are:

amd phenom II X4 850

4gb ddr3 RAM

Win7 64-bit

* Also i dont no if this may be the problem, but when windows first updated my drivers and needed a restart, my pc bluescreened just before i could press ok. ( However i have checked and the drivers ARE up to date

08/23/2013 03:47 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

What does the Catalyst software display under Information->Hardware, in terms of memory usage? It seems silly, but have you re-run your Windows Experience Index so that it can analyze the hardware and possibly find that memory? And lastly, can you get the 102- Part Number from the back of the card to run it through our database, just to make sure that it is indeed a 1GB model?

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 08/23/2013 06:54 PM

Author Icon
kaze191
Peon

Hi thanks for replying,  i think i may have been misold this product second hand,

I think it may be 512mb..

can I ask you to double check please? or link me to the database for me to check: my part number is:

pn 102 B50701 19 AT

Statistics
85773 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.