Topic Title: Updating graphics drivers
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/27/2013 12:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/27/2013 12:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jadeskyee
Peon

My graphics card is an amd radeon hd 7450.  I would like to update the graphics driver but I only have the amd vision control center and there are no options to update.   I realize this will probably be a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway.  Am I supposed to have the catalyst software suite to update the driver? 

08/27/2013 02:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

The 7450 is an OEM-only card, so the drivers can only come from your system manufacturer. Since this card is only available in pre-made computers, the drivers will vary from machine to machine, so the 7450 can only be updated with drivers from your desktop manufacturer. In the Release Notes for the newer drivers, you will note that the 7400 series is missing from supported hardware, because there are no drivers from AMD for the 7450 (or 7350/7470/7570/7670).

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
Statistics
81026 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.