Topic Title: my HD6950 is not working properly with my new samsung monitor
Topic Summary: monitor randomly turn off and back on after a sec or 2.
Created On: 08/27/2013 11:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/27/2013 11:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dannyip23
Peon

When i am connecting to the monitor with HDMI. the screen would randomly turn off the comes back on for a sec or 2. ranging from once every 10 mins to an hr. Since the monitor is new, so i just went back to the store and replace it with a new one. but the same thing happens. I have tested the monitor with other PCs, with different HDMI cables, and its working normally. Then i figure its the display card. 
the Model # of my Samsung monitor is LS24C570HL. 
I really need to fix this, its really hard for me to work with the monitor going on and off all day. 
Someone please help me...... 

08/27/2013 02:51 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

Can you test the card with a different HDMI monitor, or try a different output (like DVI) to make sure that it's not the card or the HDMI port that's failing?

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 08/27/2013 03:04 PM

Author Icon
dannyip23
Peon

I got the monitor as a replacement. everything else has been working perfectly for the past year(since i upgraded to this card and added more rams). i try pluging it back with my old monitor, no problems at all.

08/27/2013 03:26 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

The old monitor used HDMI as well I assume?

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 08/27/2013 03:30 PM

Author Icon
dannyip23
Peon

same hdmi.
but things r looking gd now!!
actually i just updated to the newest beta driver a few hrs ago. and it seems like the problem is gone now. i am not 100% sure yet. but hopefully its fixed.

08/27/2013 04:32 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

Fingers crossed that the driver gremlins have been warded off. Just post back if anything else comes up.

AMD Customer Care

Statistics
88778 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.