Topic Title: Why is atieclxx.exe shutting down my PC?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/30/2013 06:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/30/2013 06:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
andyjohn3
Peon

Hello there, I recently purchased an Acer Revo RL70, which has the AMD E450 processor with intergrated AMD Radeon HD6320 graphics. It is currently running on Windows 8

Because of it's low power usage, I would like this PC to run 24/7, but I currently wake up each morning to find that it is fully powered down. It seems to power itself down after 1.5 - 2 hours of inactivity. 

After checking event viewer, under the 'system' tab I noticed 3 events precede this unrequested shutdown. The 3 events are all identical, and take place at the same time. The event is:

Info - UserModePowerService. Event ID: 12 Task Catagory: (10)
Process C:Windows\System32\atieclxx.exe (Process id 336) reset policy scheme from (8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c) to (8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c)

following this is the shutdown event:

Info - User32 Event ID: 1074 Task catagory: none
The process c:windows\system32\winlogon.exe has initiated the shutdown of <pcname> on behalf of user/<pc name> for the following reason - no title for this reason could be found.

After looking online atieclxx.exe (the program that is initiating usermodepowerservice) is an ATI graphics program. Would there be any reason why this .exe would want to shutdown my PC? Can this be disabled?

I have checked driver versions over on the Acer Revo support site, and my BIOS seems up to date. I have just tried reinstalling Windows, and have the same problem.

Any info would be a huge help to me - thanks a lot

Statistics
81026 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.