Topic Title: No 5.1 sound with 7800
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/01/2013 08:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/01/2013 08:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Pvtchaos
Peon

Hi,

Recently  bought a new 7800 video card but to my disapointment however im unable to get 5.1 sound from my speakers under win7.

The sound is send directly from the motherboard to the speakers and the monitor im using has no integrated speakers using a DVI connection.

It seems that the AMD high definition audio driver is screwing things up as I already got a Realtek High Definition Audio driver which used to work fine in producing 5.1 sound. Even if I disable the AMD audio driver I still dont have 5.1 sound back. After uninstalling the damm AMD audio driver it gets automatically installed again upon reboot.

Question is : How do I get back 5.1 sound using the AMD driver ? Or how do I disable the AMD audio driver and get rid of it forever ?

09/06/2013 03:10 PM

Author Icon
Kiran@AMD
Peon

How are you connecting the HDMI cable to get get 5.1 sound? Are you connected to a 5.1 audio reciever.

Can you also provide me the current graphics driver version that is installed in your system?

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

09/08/2013 04:09 PM

Author Icon
Pvtchaos
Peon

Im not using an hdmi cable at all, just the normal jack connection from my motherboard to the subwoofer unit (Logitech Z506).

Driver reported by catalyst control center is : 12.104-130328a-155980C-ATI.

Statistics
86473 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.