Topic Title: No audio from AMD HDMI output
Topic Summary: Default device set, yet still no audio ouput. Drivers all up to date.
Created On: 09/03/2013 04:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/03/2013 04:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MrZombieAndMe
Peon

Good evening! This is my first post to the site, just like to say its great to be here Well not really since unfortunately I'm having a bit of a problem...

Last night my HDMI output was working just fine. Then poof, today it suddenly killed itself. I of course have everything in my playback devices set properly, with the AMD HDMI output selected as my default device. I updated my drivers to the latest 13.4 (was using 13.1 before since it was stable for me), and still haven't gotten sound back. I'd like to mention this bizarre issue started while I was still using the 13.1, so nothing had changed prior to the incident.

I'm using dual monitors, and prefer having the TV output the sound when I want to watch a movie or play with my gamepad. I can test my sound card, and it works perfectly fine.

I'm running an ASUS P5Q deluxe with a Powercolor HD 6850. Its incredibly frustrating that I had everything working less than 16 hours ago, then suddenly when I turned my computer on from sleep my audio is dead. I restarted the computer, but nadda. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling/disabling audio drivers for any output devices, still no luck. I could try to remove the card, clean the connectors, and reseat it, but I like to avoid playing with my computers innards too often.

Thank you to anyone for taking the time to read and help. I'm very sorry if I missed any information, just lemme know if any more details are needed. I feel like maybe I'm overlooking something simple, and I'm hoping fellow computer aficionado's can give me some support. I can build a computer blindfolded, but ask me to deal with software and I'm suddenly a deer in headlights. 

Update: Apparently after another random restart to look through my BIOS, I come back to find that my AMD HDMI drivers are now missing. Now maybe they've been missing all along, and for some odd reason my computer is finally registering this. either way, I'm planning on uninstalling the drivers completely with the tool on the website and then reinstalling fresh ones. Will be back with news!

Update II: Well after doing all the fresh installs of drivers, still no luck. Its strange how playback devices will show the bar moving for sound, but the TV just won't actually play anything. Still hoping someone will aid me in my time of need!

Update III: Alright, problem solved. Please lock the thread now.

Edited: 09/06/2013 at 09:35 PM by MrZombieAndMe
 09/20/2013 08:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
t0x1n
Peon

Originally posted by: MrZombieAndMe

Update III: Alright, problem solved. Please lock the thread now.

Could you please share with the forum how the problem was solved ?

Statistics
88921 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.