Recently upgraded my GPU to Radeon HD 7750 x2 (for xFire). Ever since I installed the new GPU, my computer has been rebooting, freezing at random times. I am trying to figure out what the cause is, but it's so random to where I can't seem to trigger the freeze/erratic reboot. I tried disabling xFire, but it seems to do the same thing. Sometimes the crash/freeze (when pc is even idle, not using it at all) would have graphic strips across the monitor, i'd screenshot it if I could, but I can't...
I installed/reinstalled new drivers, did a factory reset to original settings of the pc back to 2010, same issues still arise...please help!
The PC originally came with 2x ATI Radeon HD 5670 xFire.
Alienware Aurora R1 (2010)
- XFX Radeon HD 7750
- Didn't Overclock
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- include driver version currently used, and version(s) tested previously
- Win 7 SP1, Home Premiere, 64-bit
- PC hangs/freezes, auto reboots unexpectedly (all very random, tried to reproduce, but can't)
- When using pc/not using pc it would randomly hang or reboot
- For Gaming, I maxed everything, AA and all. Sometimes crashes/hangs (pc), tried lowering everything to standard low options, still happens.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Dell Alienware Aurora R1 , Bios Version A11, MB Version A02, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
- This I don't know the brand, but I know it is 875w
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Sony 24'' display (DVI link) SDM-P234, native..no idea been too long
Applications and Games
- Everything, even when nothing is open only on desktop, or windows login screen. Somtimes would hang at the "Starting Windows" screen (where there is a windows logo glowing). You can tell it froze because the logo isn't moving...
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
- GenuineIntel, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5, Current Clock Speed: 2641MHz,
Motherboard BIOS Version
- the BIOS version is displayed as soon as your system is powered on (ex: ASUS BIOS 1015)
System Memory Type & Amount
- I know it's made by Hyundai...Hydrix or something 2046mb each bar, x3 (6gb ram total)
- Sound Blaster, and Wireless card installed. 1 CPU fan on MB, 1 small ram fan on top of chasis inside, and 1 main PC fan (Liquid Cooled), CATALYST Version 3.14
- Did a MemTestx86, ChkDsk, Full PC hardware test (everything passed). Couldn't figure out what is wrong.
- Tried swapping the graphics cards in different slots, using only 1 gpu, same results...(remember i'm using 2x XFX Radeon HD7750 for xfire, but I disabled the xFire in Catalyst at the moment). I even ran a GPU Stress test to the max and pc didn't hang/freeze or reboot...super strange.
- Also, i'm curious about the Ram Information @ The System Information. There are times where it would just say 6.00GB, but right now it says 6.00GB (3.99 Usable), and sometimes it would say 6.00GB (1.99 Usable)...not sure why. I never noticed that until now.
10:23 AM by