Topic Title: 6970 DirectCU Freeze(stripes,different colors)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/09/2013 10:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/09/2013 10:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lyngaas
Peon

Hello,
I have been having some problems since an upgrade of my computer around new-year, the spec i had required less power(i presume) and only parts from before is the GPU and PSU.

I upgraded to the following spec.
Specs:

ASUS Maximus V Formula, Socket-1155
Kingston DDR3 HyperX blu 1600MHz 8GB
Intel® Core i5-3570K Processor(no OC)
Asus 6970 DirectCU
Corsair GS800

The problem i have is that the computer freezes on all !3! screens in different color and with these famed stripes...

The GPU idles on 50c and settles at 70c(approx) on load with netflix on 1 screen and game on another(while 3rd still active).
It started with the GPU Not getting enough power and reaching temp's as high as 110c and so on, one of the 6pin cables(2 connected to GPU) seemed to be dead, switched to the third 6pin and the problems stopped(somewhat).
It does not appear to be the temperature that makes it freeze so im thinking towards not sufficient power from the PSU.

I was hoping to get some assistance in the form of ways to test the power supply and gpu and if anyone have any guess towards the cause of this it would be appreciated " src="http://m.bestofmedia.com/sfp/images/design/usr/smilies/wink.gif" alt="" /> 

Thx,
KLyngaas
 09/10/2013 02:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lyngaas
Peon

bumpish!

Statistics
84891 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.