Topic Title: AMD Radeon HD8950
Topic Summary: yellow screen
Created On: 09/15/2013 05:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/15/2013 05:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kdalzell
Peon

Hi I have just purchased a dell Alien computer which has a AMD Radeon HD 8950 installed in it. I have a problem with a yellow screen and everything is toned with yellow not giving me correct colour, I have tried to adjust my monitor but to no avail it is a view sonic LED HDMI 1080p full HD VX2753MH-LED  I am using a VGA cable at the moment as I cant get a HDMI cable to give me a signal, I have emailed Viewsonic waiting a reply and thought I would try the forum to see if any one else has had this problem, I am not very computer minded but get buy, the main use of the computer is for work with mainly graphics and AutoCAD but I would like to be able to start playing a few games as well, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. On the monitor I tried changing the screen to HDMI but when I do it goes back to D-sub  Help please. Regards Kim.
 09/24/2013 03:21 PM

Author Icon
landomatic
Peon

Try checking the cables on both sides.  This usually occurs when one or more of the pins are bent or missing. There should be a total of 15 in the D-Sub connectors.  Additionally, if the pins are in good shape the solder joints sometimes give loose on the cables as well. 

-------------------------
Shop smaty, shop "S" Mart
 09/25/2013 01:29 PM

Author Icon
Hammey
Grinding Levels

Hi why are you playing with it. If you bought a car and it made a huge noise going down the road, you would not try and fix it you would take it back. Call dell let them fix it you paid a good price for that pc and should not have to play with it to get it to work.

-------------------------
MSI Mpower Max, I7-4770K, MSI GTX 780 Lightning, G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB DDR3-2400, 2X Kingston HyperX 3K 480GB , 1Tb Raptor, Creative ZXR Sound, 1000 watt Coolermaster Single 80 amp Rail, G700s Mouse, Z5500 Speakers
Statistics
88977 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.