Is this most likely a hardware issue and if so, what do I need to replace or can this be fixed? I have the latest DirectX version, everything from Windows Update has been checked and is up to date. Video Card drivers updated.
- AMD Radeon HD 7950 - 3GB
- Factory OC (GPU 300MHz, Memory clock 150MHz Power 0%)
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
- My PC has been running without any issues since I purchased it in Januray 2013 until about a week ago when playing Guild Wars 2. The game would freeze, the screen goes black and on the task bar I would receive the message that the display driver stopped responding and then it recovers; the game does not crash in most cases. I have the same issue when playing Rome II: Total War at random. The game freezes then stops responding entirely. Task manager usually allows me to close it, other times I have to power off the computer. The problem in general seems to be getting worse and makes the games unplayable. I have tried lowering the graphic settings significantly on both applications without any improvement. I've had no problem running Guild Wars 2 on maximum settings for the past 8 months, Rome II: Total War worked fine on max settings for several days before issue started.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASUS P9X79 LE -- 2x USB 3.0V
- 650 Watt -- NZXT HALE82N-SI / 80+ Bronze
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- ASUS VW246H DVI connection
Applications and Games
- Guild Wars 2, Rome II: Total War
- Intel Core i7 3820 Processor (4x 3.60GHz/10MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i7 3820 stock settings
Motherboard BIOS Version
- ASUS BIOS 0504
System Memory Type & Amount
- 16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-2133 Memory Module - Corsair Vengeance
- Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-2011] - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan.
- Primary Hard Drive: 180 GB Intel 330 SSD - Single Drive
- Data Hard Drive: 2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
- AVG Internet Security 2013 virus scanner. No viruses.
- Currently running Prime95 stress test, about 18 hours so far, no errors (blend test 8 threads).
*Edit* Stopped Prime95 Stress test after 18 hours, I'm assuming this means my system is stable?
08:56 PM by