Topic Title: Display output issues.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/25/2013 05:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/25/2013 05:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Coboltjet
Peon

So recently i upgraded from a ASUS Radeon Hd 6670 1GB GDDR3 to a Sapphire Radeon Hd 6870 1GB GDDR5

now i know the DVI port on my 6670 was DVI-D (digital ONLY), however the DVI ports on the 6870 are DVI-D(single) and DVI-I(Dual)

now when i first physically installed the 6870 i had no display issues i could use the DVI-I on my monitor with no problems, however now after installing AMD CCC and its needed software and drivers, it immediatly stopped displaying an image on my monitor and can no longer recognise or even detect the monitor.

this occured without restarting the PC, and i know the port isnt fualty as im using it on a different monitor thats both Digital and anolog.

the monitor in question is capable of 1440 x 900 @ 75Hz, the ports it has are VGA, DVI-I (dual link) i know it is DVI-I due to VGA being analog only so why wouldnt it be atleast DVI-A however i know its a DVI-I port, due to being able to link up a PS3 using HDMI to DVI on said port and it works fine. so niether my ports or cables are the issue

Ive tryed a HDMI - DVI-D dual link cable, DVI-I dual link cable aswell as a DVI-D dual and single link cables none work, however it works on what im currently using is a 2002 sony monitor which can only go upto 1024x768 @ 60Hz

I had this exact issue on the 6670 aswell

any idea's on whats happening?

Statistics
84853 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.