Topic Title: HD 5450 OEM installed in Dell 390 series slimline
Topic Summary: When second monitor plugged in, unit goes dark.
Created On: 09/27/2013 10:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/27/2013 10:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
BigMike
Peon

Hey folks,

I work for a school district and we have more than a few of these DELL 390 series with an installed ATI 5450.  These cards do not have the additional display port installed onto the actual card.  It uses the DMS59 cable. (splitter using dual VGA in this case)  The machine is an Intel I5 with 4GB's of ram, and enough hard drive for our needs.

The issue here, is recently I had to re-image this unit.  Upon doing so, the video card will no longer output to the projector using the splitter on any of the ports, 1 or 2.  Additionally, when I plug in the projector to port 2 on the splitter, all video cease.(goes black)  I unplug it and port one comes back on.  I thought it might be a fault where I did not install the correct drivers and went and did so.  Nogo!  Then I replaced the video card with a known good one from the next classroom.  Nogo!  Perhaps the video splitter cable went faulty on me, I installed a brand new one out of the box.  Nogo!   Ok I get it, MAYBE its a bad projector or cable connected to the wall.  I bring the same unit I borrowed the video card from and the new unit works as intended. BTW, any combination of projector settings will not see the second port.(Windows+P)  I did hook up a powered Troxell video splitter nd it will display on both screen(monitor and projector), but oddly enough it only displays the desktop on both, even tho I can move the mouse to the of the screen and have it dissappear for a bit, and to move it slowly back and not have it re-appear until after a few moments, imitating that the there is an actual desktop space on that side, just not displaying to the projector.

I realize this is most likely a simple issue of a key combination, and I have spent more time on this issue that I will never get back.  I could really use a hand here.  Here is my question.

What is the process to activate/setup a monitor on port 1 with a projector on port 2 to display both at same time?

-------------------------
Statistics
86649 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.