Topic Title: ATI Radeon 7770 HD Issue
Topic Summary: Blue Screen and freezing my game
Created On: 10/13/2013 09:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/13/2013 09:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
renegadedod
Peon

Hey there. I have just installed an ATI Radeon HD 7770 graphics card into my PC and I have been having lots of issues. I made sure to follow the instructions carefully for installation (and for un-installing the old graphics card drivers), but I am still having problems. Installation seemed to go fine until I turned on a game, and it blue screen of deathed on me within 10 seconds of the game loading up. Something to do with akitmpag.sys file. It has done this several times now, with me constantly trying to clear all the drives out and re-install everything back in. I seem to have made some progress by un-installing Nvidia's PhysX engine, which was installed with some game, because now it freezes my game for 10 seconds then continues like normal for a minute or so before repeating. It will randomly decide if one of the freezes will be permanent and make my computer unresponsive. While it is unresponsive, the music for my game continues to play. Battlefield 3 crashed with the message:

DirectX Function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands. GPU: "AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series", Driver: 12.3 (8.95-120214a-134393C-ATI)

My computer has either 500W power supply or 750W. Not sure which atm. Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit, 1 TB, 12 GB RAM, and Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz.

If anyone can lead me in the right direction for fixing this problem it would be really appreciated.

I will be taking the graphics card out and running it through the on-board graphics card as per advice from someone I am currently talking to (he's blaming the graphics card itself).

Statistics
84304 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.