Topic Title: Directx Error(STO-Sim City)
Topic Summary: Game's fails to launch
Created On: 10/14/2013 04:14 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/14/2013 04:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dtnomad83
Peon

i have been having problem with my Radeon Graphics card ASUS HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 driver for a few months now.. thought it was an update that microsoft had wrecked my computer to begin with... SO after that is when i started to have these errors. i have talked with microsoft about it just to get the run around so i had to figure it out for my self, i tryed many differnt things to find out what was wrong and have narrowed it down to the graphics card...

this error code keeps coming up for Star Trek Online...

Couldn't create d3d device. i direct3d9::createdevice failed with hr d3derr_notavialable (0x8876086a)

i have updated driver with just the saying that i have the latest update for the driver...

so what i have come to is uninstalling all software on graphics card its self and restarting computer wait for the card to redownload software restart again works for a few hours of game play but then when put computer to sleep or shut down error starts all over... then repeat above everytime

there are a couple of errors that i get for sim city..

dont know the error code for when i havent uninstalled the software for graphics yet but something about the display needs to be set to 32. i have tryed every setting under display no differnce in error code for  this...

Second error code come's up when i have done the unistall of graphics software

memory allocation of 889192514 bytes failed. SimCity will now exit. [1006]

i have checked the forums of EA and Sim City others have have said its the graphics card driver...

i have uninstalled game then reinstalled it no change

i have done SimCityrestore.exe would allow me to update game but would now let me play

i have run the update to have the newest updated driver

I just need some help so im not unistalling software everyday for the graphics and to get SimCity to work any help would be appreciated.

Statistics
86389 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.