Topic Title: R9 280X Card Corruption?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/15/2013 11:24 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/15/2013 11:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Auxilae
Peon

Graphics Card

-GIGABYTE GV-R928XOC-3GD Radeon R9 280X 3GB 

-No overclocking done to the card except by the manufacturer. They claim they OC'd it to 1050 Mhz, when AMD Catalyst detects it to be 1100 Mhz.

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History

-Card was installed on a brand news Windows 8 (x64) computer, using AMD Catalyst 13.11 drivers (released 10-8-13)

Operating System

- I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64, from a fresh iso bootable install.

Issue Details

- The card would randommly stutter a frame, then the screen would turn a solid color with  bars running down the side of it. This link here is what I'm seeing for the most part, expect that the bars take up the entire screen, and no program/desktop is shown.

- The computer system would then freeze up, requiring a reboot.

- This has happened in Dota 2, but also while browsing on Google Chrome.

- I would like to point that out that my old card, an HD 7850 died in a similar manner of how this card is currently acting. I would get these bars on the screen time to time, until finally when I went to reboot, no image appeared and the color on the screen was black. Launching in safe-mode allowed me to use the deslotp, but AMD Catalyst was unable to detect my graphics card plugged it.

Motherboard or System Make & Model

- I'm using an MSi GD-45 8D motherboard.

Power Supply

- I'm using a Thermaltake 750W Modular 80plus bronze PSU.

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used

- I'm on an Acer S211HL bd 21.5inch, using a DVI cable.

Applications and Games

- Google Chrome and Dota 2 are the two games I've experineced an issue with, aswell as having an issue with the Stanely Parable Demo that was recently released on Steam. It would appear that the issue is not application related.

CPU Details

- I'm using an Intel Sandy-Bridge-E 3820

Motherboard BIOS Version

-7760vA5

System Memory Type & Amount

- I'm using a Corsair XMS3 8GB (4x2)

Additional Hardware

-I have a Creative Sound Blaster PCie card aswell as a OEM optical disc drive. I also use a Mod-Mic and HD 558's for headphones.

-I have a SSD drive (120GB) used for Windows and games and a 2TB hard drive used for game storage and media.

Additional Details

-The system is as fresh of an install as can be. Before inserting the graphics card I used the last bit of my corrupted 7850 card to format my SSD so all I had to do was insert my Windows 8 disc.

The card as of now "works" I'm just wondering if it's a bad card, or if it's a temporary driver issue. I recently bought the new card less than a week ago, and I'm still able to return it for a full refund from Newegg/GIGABTYE if need be, although I would perfer to avoid the shipping costs if at all possible.

Thanks so much for whoever can help me on this issue.

10/19/2013 06:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
CrazyManiac
Peon

I also get artifact and crash problems.

Graphics Card

Asus Radeon R9 280X Matrix Platinum

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History

AMD Catalyst 13.11 beta v1 driver

Operating System

Windows 7 x64 Pro.

Issue Details

I don't get it as bad as Auxilae, but I do suffer with some stuttering and artifacts in all games. Lowering the clocks does seem to help with the issue, but I shouldn't have to. Driver stops responding and crashes to dekstop. Whilst at desktop sometimes get black bar artifacts seemingly related to flash.

Motherboard or System Make & Model

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3

Power Supply

Corsair 650W 650HXUK 80 PLUS

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used

2 Widescreen, using a DVI cables. Games only run on one screen.

Applications and Games

Battlefield 3

CPU Details

Intel Sandy-Bridge i5 2500k

Motherboard BIOS Version

3207 3602

System Memory Type & Amount

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 8GB (2x4)

Additional Hardware

5 Hard drives + 1 USB Hard drive, 1 Optical, Xonar D1 sound card.. Is this needed?

Additional Details

None

Edited: 10/21/2013 at 04:12 PM by CrazyManiac
Statistics
84655 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.