Topic Title: 6970 won't boot after installing drivers.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/22/2013 07:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/22/2013 07:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
alanthya
Peon

Hello all, I am seeking help with a very frusturating issue I am having with my Radeon 6970. I purchased the card brand new about 2 months ago and have finally had time to mess with installing it.

The initial install was a breeze, I installed the latest recommended drivers from AMD - Catalyst installer v13.9. Reboot to allow changes to take affect. All is well. I then did some minor tweaks to the performance settings in CCC, eveything seemed to be working ok, I bumped up the memory oc to 1410 mhz, I then had to restart the computer for a different reason. The startup process will get 5-8 seconds into the Starting Windows boot screen and then the display blacks out and the monitor begins scanning for input. I have installed the latest Chipset drivers before every installation even though the manufacturer states they are the same as when the board was released, and I have standalone installed Microsoft .NET v4.5.1 each time.

So far I have tried:

• Uninstalling Catalyst by booting up in Safe Mode, opening Add/Remove Programs, right clicking Catalyst Control, click Change, and following prompts to uninstall ALL catalyst programs. Then removing any leftover ATI and Nvidia stuff with Driver Cleaner (Running as Administrator in Safe Mode) Reboot Windows. Windows then installs Standard VGA Graphics driver. If I try installing the card again, I get the same results
  • Reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 7 (32bit) several times.
  • Using older versions of AMD GPU drivers for 6xxx series all the way down to 13.4
  • Ensured power connector cables are firmly plugged in and PCI is seated.

Graphics Card
- Saphire Radeon 6970 HD
(Running on PCIX16 slot in 8X Mode. It's all the board supports.)

Operating System
- 32-bit Win7 SP1

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASROCK PV530A 1.8Ghz DualCore

Power Supply
- 550W

CPU Details
Embedded

Motherboard BIOS Version
- V1.0

System Memory Type & Amount
2GB Corsair DDR2

Additional Hardware
-SanDisk 32GB SSD

10/28/2013 08:19 PM

Author Icon
alanthya
Peon

bump

10/28/2013 08:46 PM

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

Is your mother board bios up todate? Your board was a little difficult to navigate on the website not knowing socket type. 

You might want to try an alternative DDU cleaner.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0CqLU9SU7_0Q0ZHUDFvdW5XeVE/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

And try dropping back to 13.1 CCC package.

-------------------------

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

Statistics
86379 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.