Hello all, I am seeking help with a very frusturating issue I am having with my Radeon 6970. I purchased the card brand new about 2 months ago and have finally had time to mess with installing it.
The initial install was a breeze, I installed the latest recommended drivers from AMD - Catalyst installer v13.9. Reboot to allow changes to take affect. All is well. I then did some minor tweaks to the performance settings in CCC, eveything seemed to be working ok, I bumped up the memory oc to 1410 mhz, I then had to restart the computer for a different reason. The startup process will get 5-8 seconds into the Starting Windows boot screen and then the display blacks out and the monitor begins scanning for input. I have installed the latest Chipset drivers before every installation even though the manufacturer states they are the same as when the board was released, and I have standalone installed Microsoft .NET v4.5.1 each time.
So far I have tried:
- Uninstalling Catalyst by booting up in Safe Mode, opening Add/Remove Programs, right clicking Catalyst Control, click Change, and following prompts to uninstall ALL catalyst programs. Then removing any leftover ATI and Nvidia stuff with Driver Cleaner (Running as Administrator in Safe Mode) Reboot Windows. Windows then installs Standard VGA Graphics driver. If I try installing the card again, I get the same results
- Reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 7 (32bit) several times.
- Using older versions of AMD GPU drivers for 6xxx series all the way down to 13.4
- Ensured power connector cables are firmly plugged in and PCI is seated.
- Saphire Radeon 6970 HD (Running on PCIX16 slot in 8X Mode. It's all the board supports.)
- 32-bit Win7 SP1
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASROCK PV530A 1.8Ghz DualCore
Motherboard BIOS Version
System Memory Type & Amount
2GB Corsair DDR2
-SanDisk 32GB SSD