XFXHD6670 - just new RMA'd - thought hardware issue - no same issue.
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
running 13.9 now - have gone back to 9 - all have same issue.
windows 7 64bit - ( I think this is a specific driver/OS issue)
- This is an issue I think specific to Windows 7 64bit and the HD6670.
This started when I installed the HD6670 into this this system and was running my win7 64bit OS. I have a dual boot system and also have windows XP on - I like to play old games.
Primary issue is video playback - about 30sec to 2mins into playback it will either freeze, stutter, go out of sync. Usually it will not fix itself I need to pause the video and it will fix and go again in 2mins? 5mins? 10mins maybe. Size of screen no difference, format no difference. Player no difference.
If I play the video on windows XP - same machine - No issue.
Total war games and several others I will have driver failed and failed to recover crashes - ONLY in later stages of the game.
I have an NVIDIA 8800GT that will work in win 7 64bit and playback video fine, this was the previous card - SAME hardware.
I have done a safe boot, and selective boot, issue is still there. If I boot into winXP I can pick VLC player and any video plays.. no issue.
I think this is specific to the HD6670 and win7 64bit.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASUS M3A
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
HDMI - LG W2043T
Applications and Games
- Medieval Total war, FM 2012 at times.
- VIDEO PLAYBACK - ANY PLAYER - VLC, WMP, QUICKTIME.
- ANY FORMAT - FLV, MP4, AVI
Motherboard BIOS Version
- 1108 AMI
System Memory Type & Amount
- OCZ 2gb x2
- All drivers are running fine, I have updated the sound drivers I have changed catalyst drivers, I have no other video on this MB, I am not having any heat issues at all, have monitored and stress tested.
- I have tested on any benchtest I can find. NO issue. Furmark, OCCT, Kombuster.
- I have downloaded other 64bit codec.. no change.
- If I just swap this card out and use the 8800GT - problem resolved.
09:51 AM by