Topic Title: R9 280x 2d Flickering
Topic Summary: Asus R9 280x flickers randomly when downclocked
Created On: 10/28/2013 11:04 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/25/2013 06:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Blastwave
Peon

Originally posted by: EnderDragon I flashed my card. flicker stopped.

I have a Gigabyte R9 280X OC Windforce

I'm getting flickering only in 2D. Works fine with games.

Do I need to flash my GPU? Will it stop the flickering?

please advise.

Thank You

11/25/2013 09:46 PM

Author Icon
Edifier
Peon

Got the flicker problem too, XFX R9-280X-TDFD

Don't know if I should try updating the BIOS, I saw that XFX released another version of this card (OC black edition) with 1080MHz core / 6400MHz mem, someone know where I can find the BIOS of this OCed version?

11/26/2013 08:50 AM

Author Icon
gazn1
Peon

Originally posted by: revolucion09
Originally posted by: gazn1 by rights we should not have todo this but i've ordered a flash drive because i can't find my current one unless amd release another driver to fix this then i won't have to flash my vbios

I was in the same situation but I have managed to create a DVD-RW DOS boot with the vbios inside, if you are interested just send me a PM

Besides, I have sent to VBIOS to techPowerUp site so they should be uploading the ROM version soon. WIth it you can simply use AtiWinFlash tool from windows. Or I can give you the ROM version too (though I havent tried it)

its okay cheers just flashed my bios seems okay now 

11/26/2013 12:59 PM

Author Icon
Max_odb
Peon

Originally posted by: ledeni000 Guys I realy need help.. here what happens with my saphire 280x dual-x.

I had flickering as all the rest of you guys in windows and while playing videos but since I update bios it is gone. Problem is that I also have flickering in games but it is not of same kind... there are some white and black lines in background runing horizntaly and they are visible most on dark backgrounds... this happens only in games. I tyred next:

1. reinstaling the drivers and trying older driver 13.10 ( didnt help)

2. reinstalling system (didnt help)

3. Screen I have only have vga port so i tryed 2 different vga cable ( didnt solve anything)

4. I tryed different screen also only VGA on it ( didnt help)

What seems to help is turning v-sync on ..it reduces flickering but not fully remove it... I can still see lines on dark backgrounds but they somehow stand still... and sometimes they move...

What I am thinking is taht maybe VGA standard is too old or the drivers are bad... or card itself is bad... I had saphire 6870 before this one and had no problem with it... 

Does anyone have similar expirience I realy need help ?

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as you with the black lines using DVI Analog.

My cousin also happens the same with the black lines. He has a R9 Dual-X 270X sapphire. I have a Gigabyte R9 270X-OC. Now use the HDMI cable and no more black lines.

I also hope a solution for flicker

11/26/2013 04:51 PM

Author Icon
gazn1
Peon

Originally posted by: Max_odb
Originally posted by: ledeni000 Guys I realy need help.. here what happens with my saphire 280x dual-x.

I had flickering as all the rest of you guys in windows and while playing videos but since I update bios it is gone. Problem is that I also have flickering in games but it is not of same kind... there are some white and black lines in background runing horizntaly and they are visible most on dark backgrounds... this happens only in games. I tyred next:

1. reinstaling the drivers and trying older driver 13.10 ( didnt help)

2. reinstalling system (didnt help)

3. Screen I have only have vga port so i tryed 2 different vga cable ( didnt solve anything)

4. I tryed different screen also only VGA on it ( didnt help)

What seems to help is turning v-sync on ..it reduces flickering but not fully remove it... I can still see lines on dark backgrounds but they somehow stand still... and sometimes they move...

What I am thinking is taht maybe VGA standard is too old or the drivers are bad... or card itself is bad... I had saphire 6870 before this one and had no problem with it... 

Does anyone have similar expirience I realy need help ?

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as you with the black lines using DVI Analog.

My cousin also happens the same with the black lines. He has a R9 Dual-X 270X sapphire. I have a Gigabyte R9 270X-OC. Now use the HDMI cable and no more black lines.

I also hope a solution for flicker

i get these myself but there not that bad i think its due to my tv screen resolution  which is a brand new toshiba full HD smart tv because i've had a gtx 660 ti around 1 month ago before upgrading to my sapphire duel-x r9 280x and still have these lines

12/04/2013 04:40 PM

Author Icon
zurruck
Peon

im having the same issue in a 280x dualx. but i cant boot the usb on my cumputer, i dont know if there is a problem whit my mother or what, i try everithing in the mobo bios. even disconect all other disks.

any idea if i can change the bios using the ati winflash 2.6.6? the file is not a .rom file thats why im scary.

i send a ticket to sapphire but no answer yet

12/04/2013 10:17 PM

Author Icon
Uns33n
Peon

I am facing the same bad flickering issues on my Sapphire R9 280x Dual-X OC edition GPU. I have tried everything like installing the vBIOS sent by Sapphire and also removing all AMD drivers and re-installing Catalyst v13.10 WHQL. Unfortunately, nothing worked for me. Flickering continued as usual. Worse thing is, after updating BIOS sent by Sapphire, my flickering became worse and mouse cursor corruption started happening. 

Finally, I had to go back to Catalyst v13.11 beta 9.2 and default company BIOS (UEFI). Flickering is still present.

My ticket conversation is going on with Sapphire and now they have suggested me to try the new Catalyst v13.11 beta 9.5. According to them it could solve the issue. But, I have not yet tried this.

I was wondering if anyone here has already tried these new beta drivers and can confirm if the problems have gone?

12/05/2013 06:41 AM

Author Icon
vadimmitropolsky
Peon

Originally posted by: Uns33n I am facing the same bad flickering issues on my Sapphire R9 280x Dual-X OC edition GPU. I have tried everything like installing the vBIOS sent by Sapphire and also removing all AMD drivers and re-installing Catalyst v13.10 WHQL. Unfortunately, nothing worked for me. Flickering continued as usual. Worse thing is, after updating BIOS sent by Sapphire, my flickering became worse and mouse cursor corruption started happening.  Finally, I had to go back to Catalyst v13.11 beta 9.2 and default company BIOS (UEFI). Flickering is still present.

My ticket conversation is going on with Sapphire and now they have suggested me to try the new Catalyst v13.11 beta 9.5. According to them it could solve the issue. But, I have not yet tried this. I was wondering if anyone here has already tried these new beta drivers and can confirm if the problems have gone?

I tried this new 9.5 beta drivers and problem is NOT goneisgust; Its very bad,coz sapphire support is saying that solution to my R9 280X Dual-X OC(UEFI) is only raising 2d frequency in GPU overdrive option under CCC or installing old 13.10 WHQL drivers... AMD are you hear us??? 6 pages of the same problem on 1 model of GPU and variety of producers (XFX,Gigabyte,Sapphire,ASUS etc.).... Why low-price GPU - 270X is fixed with this problem in latest 9.5 beta and ours 280X with higher price is NOT?! 

12/05/2013 10:05 PM

Author Icon
Uns33n
Peon

Originally posted by: vadimmitropolsky
Originally posted by: Uns33n I am facing the same bad flickering issues on my Sapphire R9 280x Dual-X OC edition GPU. I have tried everything like installing the vBIOS sent by Sapphire and also removing all AMD drivers and re-installing Catalyst v13.10 WHQL. Unfortunately, nothing worked for me. Flickering continued as usual. Worse thing is, after updating BIOS sent by Sapphire, my flickering became worse and mouse cursor corruption started happening.  Finally, I had to go back to Catalyst v13.11 beta 9.2 and default company BIOS (UEFI). Flickering is still present.

My ticket conversation is going on with Sapphire and now they have suggested me to try the new Catalyst v13.11 beta 9.5. According to them it could solve the issue. But, I have not yet tried this. I was wondering if anyone here has already tried these new beta drivers and can confirm if the problems have gone?

I tried this new 9.5 beta drivers and problem is NOT goneisgust; Its very bad,coz sapphire support is saying that solution to my R9 280X Dual-X OC(UEFI) is only raising 2d frequency in GPU overdrive option under CCC or installing old 13.10 WHQL drivers... AMD are you hear us??? 6 pages of the same problem on 1 model of GPU and variety of producers (XFX,Gigabyte,Sapphire,ASUS etc.).... Why low-price GPU - 270X is fixed with this problem in latest 9.5 beta and ours 280X with higher price is NOT?! 

Wow! Thanks for your reply! I'm glad I didn't install beta 9.5. Since, these drivers solve the issue for R9 270X, I can only assume some later revision beta or stable release might solve issue for R9 280x. However, there seems to be no proper commitment date for us guys 

Also, in CCC Overdrive did you try raising 2D frequency as they mentioned? Were you able to solve flickering that way? If it did, maybe I can try with the values that you chose  

12/06/2013 04:32 AM

Author Icon
vadimmitropolsky
Peon

Originally posted by: Uns33n

I tried this new 9.5 beta drivers and problem is NOT gone[IMG][/IMG]isgust; Its very bad,coz sapphire support is saying that solution to my R9 280X Dual-X OC(UEFI) is only raising 2d frequency in GPU overdrive option under CCC or installing old 13.10 WHQL drivers... AMD are you hear us??? 6 pages of the same problem on 1 model of GPU and variety of producers (XFX,Gigabyte,Sapphire,ASUS etc.).... Why low-price GPU - 270X is fixed with this problem in latest 9.5 beta and ours 280X with higher price is NOT?! 

Wow! Thanks for your reply! I'm glad I didn't install beta 9.5. Since, these drivers solve the issue for R9 270X, I can only assume some later revision beta or stable release might solve issue for R9 280x. However, there seems to be no proper commitment date for us guys 

Also, in CCC Overdrive did you try raising 2D frequency as they mentioned? Were you able to solve flickering that way? If it did, maybe I can try with the values that you chose  

Glad that im not alone with this problem Nope,didnt try in CCC Overdrive,but i think raising min freq. up t? 100 mhz in gpu and 150 in memory will solve the issue,but this is not fix its workaround,so i dont want to use it)) However, Uns do you know how we can report this issue direct to AMD?

12/06/2013 05:55 AM

Author Icon
Uns33n
Peon

I tried this new 9.5 beta drivers and problem is NOT gone[IMG][/IMG]isgust; Its very bad,coz sapphire support is saying that solution to my R9 280X Dual-X OC(UEFI) is only raising 2d frequency in GPU overdrive option under CCC or installing old 13.10 WHQL drivers... AMD are you hear us??? 6 pages of the same problem on 1 model of GPU and variety of producers (XFX,Gigabyte,Sapphire,ASUS etc.).... Why low-price GPU - 270X is fixed with this problem in latest 9.5 beta and ours 280X with higher price is NOT?! 

Glad that im not alone with this problem[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG] Nope,didnt try in CCC Overdrive,but i think raising min freq. up t? 100 mhz in gpu and 150 in memory will solve the issue,but this is not fix its workaround,so i dont want to use it)) However, Uns do you know how we can report this issue direct to AMD?

That sounds good! Might try the workaround for timebeing. Not to adjust voltage right? Regarding contacting AMD directly... we just hope they read our conversations here and do something quickly

12/06/2013 01:39 PM

Author Icon
Edifier
Peon

Glad that im not alone with this problem[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG] Nope,didnt try in CCC Overdrive,but i think raising min freq. up t? 100 mhz in gpu and 150 in memory will solve the issue,but this is not fix its workaround,so i dont want to use it)) However, Uns do you know how we can report this issue direct to AMD?

That sounds good! Might try the workaround for timebeing. Not to adjust voltage right? Regarding contacting AMD directly... we just hope they read our conversations here and do something quickly [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG]

We can use this link (http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B60) to report issues with the beta drivers, I've already reported the flicker problem. Remember to contact your card vendor too.

12/06/2013 07:40 PM

Author Icon
Blastwave
Peon

The 13.11 Beta 9.5 has NOT solved the flickering issue with my Gigabyte R9 280X.

If anything, it has gotten worse.

12/07/2013 04:39 AM

Author Icon
vadimmitropolsky
Peon

Uns, nope you are right,voltage dont need to be raised)) I report too this problem to AMD via AMD Surveys, if they contact me through my email,ill write here what they say,coz Sapphire has no solution,besides those i wrote above((

12/07/2013 08:19 AM

Author Icon
Uns33n
Peon

Originally posted by: vadimmitropolsky Uns, nope you are right,voltage dont need to be raised)) I report too this problem to AMD via AMD Surveys, if they contact me through my email,ill write here what they say,coz Sapphire has no solution,besides those i wrote above((

Cool! I'll respond to the survey as an issue too and see how this goes. Thanks for the info

12/14/2013 05:39 AM

Author Icon
xsuchyx
Peon

Hello,

I have similar issue with my MSI R9 280x I had artifacts and flickering in battlefield 4 and League of legends with 13.10 drivers. Now when I have unistalled with guru software old drivers and installed 13.11 9.5 beta drivers the problem in BF 4 have been solved but it still persist in LOL. I am getting there white screen for like 0,5 sec and some artifacts and graph glitches for like 0,2 sec. Is this problem going to be solved or shoould I change my brand new R9 280x to some GeForce ?

My VGA card model is R9 280X Gaming  3G.  My VGA Bios Version is 015.039.000.001.003331  part no: G52-VXXXXXD-Q13      S/N: 602-V277-19SB1309120421
MSI Live Update 5 says that there is no new VBIOS for my card.

and my systems specs:
AMD FX6300 6 cores 4,1 GHz
Motherboard Asus M5A78L-M LX3
8 GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz Kingston
Hard drive 1TB Seagate + 120 GB SSD kingston Hyperx 3k
Power supply unit Corsair 600w
Windows 7 /64 bit
Max temperature on my VGA during glitches was 40oC and now during non playing time it is 35oC so I think that temp. is perfect.
Everything in catalyst control center is on default.

Edited: 12/15/2013 at 04:38 AM by xsuchyx
 12/17/2013 10:36 PM

Author Icon
Uns33n
Peon

Ok so the only way for me to completely eliminate flickering (while browsing net and running 2d apps) was to OC core clock to 400 and Memory to 200. This is the ONLY way that works for me. I go back to default clocks when runnings games. Not an ideal solution :/ 

Guess we must wait till AMD actually fixes the problem completely with a stable release.  

12/18/2013 02:07 AM

Author Icon
sabariboss
Peon

I don't found any problems in MSI AMD R9 280x 3gb Bios version : 015.039.000.001.003331 (113-C3865000-G77) windows 764bit,

My spec

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 

12.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz 

Intel Corporation DZ68DB

Samsung S24C350 LED Monitor FULLHD 24inch Resolution1920x1080)

3072MB MSI AMD R9 280X

977GB Seagate 

MS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 

12/18/2013 12:51 PM

Author Icon
Tiag
Peon

Hello good afternoon, I have a flicker problem with my video card Sapphire Toxic R9 280x, this problem is hardware or software? is there any way to solve this with some kind of driver or Vbios? have to request an exchange for a new video card?, how to proceed?.

Thank you.

12/18/2013 09:05 PM

Author Icon
bwat47
Peon

At some point AMD said they were looking into it to fix in the driver, but so far they've only fixed it for r9 270 cards (according to the changelog of the newest amd driver and comments here) :/

Some owners of r9 280x cards have been able to fix it via an updated vbios. I have the sapphire Dual-X R9 280x and I was able to use the vbios posted earlier in this thread, and it did fix the issue for me. If you contact sapphire support they may be able to send you an updated vbios for the toxic variant (the user that posted the dual-x vbios recieved it from sapphire support).

AMD Support and Game » AMD Radeon™ Graphics » R9 280x 2d Flickering

<< 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
85362 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.