I've got the following problem: While in windows (browsing the net, sortig files, nothing fancy but also in games and suchlike) the screen frequently freezes (up to every 30-40 seconds), goes black, is restored and I get the windows-notification, that my video driver has stopped working and had to be reset. I'll just go through the required list for the details:
- include the specific brand & model (ex: ASUS Radeon HD7970-DC2-3GD5)
- if any over-clocking is being done then provide GPU & memory clocks, and the application used to over-clock
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
The current version (13.6?) but the problem was present on the earlier ones like 13.4 and before.
- Win7 Professional 64bit
- Win8.1, also 64
As described above: Monitor freezes, goes black, comes back and I get the notification. Issue is pretty much unrelated. Sometimes it occurs right after system is booted, but reappears at random.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASUS M5A99X Evo, if I'm not mistaken.
-Bequiet DarkPower P7, 650W (enough)
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- LG Monitor
Applications and Games
- AMD FX 8-core
Motherboard BIOS Version
- some fancy hanky-panky ASUS-custom-bios
System Memory Type & Amount
- no idea. 8 GB at least
-SSD boot drive, 2 System Fans, 1 DVD drive
- anti-virus is running, but the problem is not related to viruses in any case (was present after complete system reset)
- Actually, I assume the video card is either incompatible to something from the hardware or is just damaged.
Judging by the instant return of the problem after switching system from Win 7 to 8.1 I assume, something on the card is pretty much fried but I'm open to any suggestions that prove me wrong there.