Topic Title: "Driver stopped working..." - HD 6800
Topic Summary: Constant driver failure, OS has to reset the driver
Created On: 10/28/2013 02:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/28/2013 02:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Kosake
Peon

Hi everyone.

I've got the following problem: While in windows (browsing the net, sortig files, nothing fancy but also in games and suchlike) the screen frequently freezes (up to every 30-40 seconds), goes black, is restored and I get the windows-notification, that my video driver has stopped working and had to be reset. I'll just go through the required list for the details:

Graphics Card
- include the specific brand & model (ex: ASUS Radeon HD7970-DC2-3GD5)
- if any over-clocking is being done then provide GPU & memory clocks, and the application used to over-clock

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
The current version (13.6?) but the problem was present on the earlier ones like 13.4 and before.

Operating System
- Win7 Professional 64bit
- Win8.1, also 64

Issue Details
As described above: Monitor freezes, goes black, comes back and I get the notification. Issue is pretty much unrelated. Sometimes it occurs right after system is booted, but reappears at random.

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASUS M5A99X Evo, if I'm not mistaken.

Power Supply

-Bequiet DarkPower P7, 650W (enough)

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- LG Monitor

Applications and Games

- everywhere

CPU Details
- AMD FX 8-core

Motherboard BIOS Version
- some fancy hanky-panky ASUS-custom-bios

System Memory Type & Amount
- no idea. 8 GB at least

Additional Hardware
-SSD boot drive, 2 System Fans, 1 DVD drive

Additional Details
- anti-virus is running, but the problem is not related to viruses in any case (was present after complete system reset)
- Actually, I assume the video card is either incompatible to something from the hardware or is just damaged.

Judging by the instant return of the problem after switching system from Win 7 to 8.1 I assume, something on the card is pretty much fried but I'm open to any suggestions that prove me wrong there.

11/07/2013 03:48 AM

Author Icon
Kosake
Peon

Uhhhm.. Is there anyone?

04/25/2015 11:57 AM

Author Icon
justagamer41
Peon

Try disabling windows Aero I have AMD HD6670 constant display crash tried every fix online nothing worked. Last ditch effort I found info on aero causing this issue I disabled it no probs. I can now play FF14 full screen fps 22 no crash where as it would crash within 5 min. hope this helps. I tried EVERYTHING ie: 300W psu to 500W, DDU insafe mode, TdrDelay in regedit, switched to windows basic, complete system restore. The only other thing I did differantly was I downloaded drivers from AMD web page using the identifier tool. It gave me 14.2 omega (without dot something or other) placing my bets on Aero causing the crash.

Statistics
93061 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2015 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.