Hey guys, I have an ongoing issue with my recently purchased HIS IceQ 7970. The thing is I keep getting frame drops in games like Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4 Beta, Sleeping Dogs and even APB: Reloaded. Games like League of Legends or FIFA 14 run fine on the other hand.
(All running at 1920x1080) I had a GTX 570 before I upgraded and every game ran smooth on pretty high quality settings.
- Toggling Vsync on and off
- Reducing overall graphics quality to medium/low settings
- Reinstalling OS and formatting Hard Drive
- Overclocking CPU to 3,5GHz
- Increasing GPU and memory Clock
- Switching to beta drivers (also wiping earlier drivers)
- Disabling AMD's Cool n Quiet in BIOS
My temperatures are fine. CPU goes up to about 30c-32c and my GPU to about 60-65c while running games like Sleeping Dogs.
FPS Drops often occur while looking at an area with lots of buildings and bright areas (like the map "Operation Firestorm" in BF3). Dark areas with not much "bloom" or brightness are usually fine.
I've already came to the conclusion that my CPU was bottlenecking but i've looked around the Internet and saw that many people didn't have issues with their X4/X6 CPU's while running a 7970.
- HIS ICeQ 7970 (925/1385) not OC edition
- AMD Phenom II X6 1055t @2.8GHz (stock)
- G.Skill Ripjaws 6gb 1333mhz
- Enermax Modu 700W
- Gigabyte 870 A-UD3
- Corsair H60 watercooler
- System HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200rpm 64mb cache
- 2nd HDD: WD 750gb 7200rpm 32mb cache
OS: Windows 7 64 bit SP1
Appreciate some help.
04:25 PM by