Topic Title: Techical Questions for a particular type of Radeon to use with OpenGL / OpenCL
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/06/2013 06:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/06/2013 06:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
R2D2ftw27
Peon

Hi,While looking for parts to build a new computer for my brother, I came accross a Radeon card that I am considering buying two of to upgrade 'my' pc.I found this card and was wondering if someone with the technical experience or background could help me determine the specs as I am a C++ programmer and am looking to develop cross-platform software for windows and linux using OpenGL 4.x and OpenCL 1.2 and eventually OpenCL 2.xHere is the card and my questions, many thanks for any help and advice you can give ( Please note that I haven't built a new computer in 4 years so my pc hw knowledge is a little out of date at the moment and I plan on upgrading my pc for myself so that I can spend more money for my brother's new pc instead.  he deserves it! )My motherboard is an ASUS board with a core i5 and three ( 3 ) PCI-E 2.0 slots and I have 16gb ddr3 ram* I'd like to know if this card will work with my computer if I bought three ( 3 ) of them and crossfireX'd them together? * Does this card support OpenGL 4.3 / 4.4 ? * Does this card support OpenCL 1.2 / 2.0 ? ** If I buy just one of these cards then how much PSU watts will I need? ** If I buy two ( 2 ) of these cards then how much PSU watts will I need?** If I buy three ( 3 ) of these cards then how much PSU watts will I need?I greatly appreciate any help and advice you can give me on this

Edited: 11/06/2013 at 07:01 AM by R2D2ftw27
 11/06/2013 07:06 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
R2D2ftw27
Peon

I don't know why this forum doesn't break lines in the posts, extremely irriating :-/.         Here are the two cards I am considering ( which ever one I go with, I'm buying two of them and CrossFire'ing them together ):      .         http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8068167&CatId=7387.         http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8595174&CatId=7387.         My motherboard is an ASUS board with a core i5 and three ( 3 ) PCI-E 2.0 slots and I have 16gb ddr3 ram.         * I'd like to know if this card will work with my computer if I bought three ( 3 ) of them and crossfireX'd them together?.         * Does this card support OpenGL 4.3 / 4.4 ?.         * Does this card support OpenCL 1.2 / 2.0 ?.         ** If I buy just one of these cards then how much PSU watts will I need?.         ** If I buy two ( 2  of these cards then how much PSU watts will I need?.         ** If I buy three ( 3  of these cards then how much PSU watts will I need?.        I greatly appreciate any help and advice you can give me on this
Statistics
87635 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.