Topic Title: Sapphire R9 290 BSOD
Topic Summary: 0XA0000001 Error
Created On: 11/16/2013 12:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/08/2014 04:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Eladku
Peon

Same here, got random BSOD associated with ati driver files, usually happens on youtube videos and Diablo 3 (for some reason)...

I find it pretty amazing AMD haven't stepped forward with ANY official announcment , or help. Even more mezmerizing is that no one on any social media channel I know of has raised this to the masses 

06/08/2014 04:57 AM

Author Icon
Eladku
Peon

Originally posted by: Machine Hi,

I own a Sapphire R9-290x and I've also been experiencing these BSOD regarding atikmdag.sys

Normally everything is fine, I can game for hours without issues. But one site I visit (used to) almost always cause it to crash. playrust.com

It has a few flash videos there that my ATI drivers hate.

Somebody please fix this!!

Thank you VERY much for the website. This makes the BSOD reproducable on my computer as well. I'm going to show this to my provide live at the store!

06/09/2014 11:41 PM

Author Icon
sno
Peon

I am also having random BSOD issues with this card, it happens while  watching a flash video or playing a game.  I've upgraded drivers whenever they're available hoping the problem will go away.  No such luck.  They should probably do a recall of this card and refund everyone's money.

06/10/2014 12:27 PM

Author Icon
asmodai
Peon

Hi guys,

another BSoDing R290X here. XFX DD EDFD one and got regular STOP 0XA0000001 BSoDs whenever I muck around with Flash and browsers. I typically tend to trigger them when trying to switch to full screen or when it is already in HD format fullscreen and move the timer. Also reported this on their survey page. Given how long this topic has existed, maybe I should poke XFX about this.

06/11/2014 06:09 PM

Author Icon
Qwixt
Buffed

My problem is resolved. I have the latest flash, and with the latest browser update, the shockwave flash only crashes in the browser, and does not bsod the machine.

06/12/2014 10:49 AM

Author Icon
Eladku
Peon

Did you ever had BSOD while a game is running?

06/12/2014 08:13 PM

Author Icon
Qwixt
Buffed

I did not bsod during a game. I have had one black screen crash during "remember me" while I was running msi afterburner, but I don't know if that is a game/card/afterburner issue.

06/29/2014 10:14 AM

Author Icon
sno
Peon

I have the Sabertooth X58 motherboard I've been experiencing blue screens and random video colors on the monitor.  Three days ago I found other users with Sabertooth motherboards having similar issues, if you change it over to the other PCIE slot it seems to solve most of the issues.  I did this, I had it in the second slot to improve airflow. I moved it to the first slot and I haven't had any BSODs or black screens in three days, I was experiencing several BSODs/random colors a day.  I will come back with an update.   This may not just apply to this one motherboard, if you own any asus motherboard try different pcie slots and completely wipe the driver/reinstall.

**Edit: I'm still experiencing blue screens due to ati related driver files.  This did not resolve my issue, I'll be RMAing the card.

Edited: 07/02/2014 at 10:20 PM by sno
 07/10/2014 09:50 PM

Author Icon
emiel
Peon

Same problem here:

I'm using a Club 3D R9 290 and couldn't watch youtube video's without getting blue screens. I was still on Windows 7, so i just did a fresh Windows 8.1 install and upgraded my PSU to a 860W model but I'm still getting BSOD when playing a video on youtube. When disabling hardware acceleration in flash it works, but it looks ugly...

It's unacceptable that after all this time there still isn't a real solution for this. Thinking about swithcing to Nvidia...

07/11/2014 01:09 AM

Author Icon
doomiz
Peon

same problem here.

Driver 14.6 didnt solve anything

error happened on both cards of mine (290x)

07/19/2014 09:22 AM

Author Icon
Aernouts
Peon

Hello all,

I am new to the forums.

Ofcourse i do have the exact same problems, i do own a Gigabyte R9 290

It was crashing a lot even with browsing the net etc.

So i did a few changes and it looked stable untill right now for no reason.

Changes i did.

1. Only install driver from AMD !! No CCC in short nothing you need all the streaming and whatever crap is a real pain... btw i use RadeonPro for creating profiles for games, etc.

2. Install MSI Afterburner.

and go to settings tab, and make sure you select

=> Disable ULPS => Force constant voltage => also top box (mine is in dutch so dunno exact english translation)

Next step got to FAN tab

and create your own fan settings and.... try to get the GPU temp around 72/75 degrees Celsius.

I dont have a screenshot yet if someone wants it i will upload it.

This was stable for me till right now and performing realy wel.

Gipsyganger mentioned this on the forum

*i bought the MSI R9 290 and have the same problem BSOD, the reason is the hyper trasnport timeout, the only way i could make the system stable was to make the pcie clock to 140 in the bios, after that it was stable, my motherboard is a asus m5a78l le, i think this may happen because of our pcie 2.0 ports are not able to handle the load of the r9 290, what are your opinions on changing pcie clock on the bios*

So i am trying that right now (i also have ASUS MB) and it seems stable till this moment.

Been running benchmarks for some time now and no probs.

My question to Gipsydanger... why 140 on the PICe clock.... ?  my bios will go up to 150.

But till now it indeed is stable.

I hope you are still around because 1 way or the other this should get fixed for such an expensive (and good) card these problems are insane 

Edited: 07/19/2014 at 09:45 AM by Aernouts
 07/24/2014 09:50 PM

Author Icon
vipeness
Peon

I'm also having this issue. I just bought my card and installed it about 1 month ago. I dont overlock; always stock on all my video cards.

I've tried every driver and also the latest beta driver... 14-7-rc1-windows-july9 and it's still doing it.... Why's this taking so long to fix AMD?

This is an ongoing issue... if I would have seen this thread, I wouldn't have bought another AMD card and got an NVIDIA instead because they are also releasing drivers.

Your driver updates are like watching an old folks cross a busy intersection in New York City.... extremely slow!!!

07/25/2014 04:45 AM

Author Icon
Aernouts
Peon

Hello Vipeness

Mine is very stable now and performing very well.

If you do what i did discribe above the problem should be solved.

But you need to set the Pci express clock to 140 Thats the main thing.

Try it !

i still have 1 problem.. i am running a dual boot on my system.

Win 7 64 bit for 99 % of the stuff and.... WinXP (offline) for older stuff which is not running well on 7/8

But no more drivers for win XP for the R9 290....

If someone knows where i can find a (modded) driver i would be very thankfull

AMD Support and Game » AMD Radeon™ Graphics » Sapphire R9 290 BSOD

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
84163 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.