Topic Title: 290X issues AMD DONT IGNORE US!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/17/2013 08:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/19/2013 06:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kilrathiace
Peon

Someone from AMD did post on rage3d forums saying:

"driver expected by the end of the week to address this."

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p=1337383789&postcount=30

So its possible that there will be more concrete update released later this week to address the issues.

Also this:

"Hello,

I can assure you we have been working hard on this issue for a little while now, we've received lots of feedback to help us address the issue, including through our Support Forums. Perhaps I should have been a bit clearer in my last post. I apologize if I didn't...

Edited: 11/19/2013 at 08:33 PM by kilrathiace
 11/20/2013 03:10 AM

Author Icon
unixdude
Peon

Ok just tried again this morning and same old blackscreen is back - yesterday was a fluke by the looks of it but it does seem to point to a driver issue since my pc didn't crash and recovered 4 times yesterday.

11/20/2013 08:29 AM

Author Icon
kilrathiace
Peon

I think the driver they mean to address the issue is not released yet.

11/20/2013 08:45 AM

Author Icon
unixdude
Peon

Well out of curiosity I bought another R9 290X this time from Asus it also has the Epida VRAM chips and the card has worked fine without any issues in BF4 and COD Ghosts I only had time to test it for 40 minutes before having to leave for work this morning but will do some more tests when I get home. 

So before returning the XFX I have back to the store I'm going to wait for a driver update and see if it actually fixes the issues I have with it.

11/20/2013 10:30 AM

Author Icon
kilrathiace
Peon

Yea it is fishy that some cards work fine with current driver but many have black screens, which would point to faulty hardware or power regulation more than actual drivers being at fault. This points to some 290x having lower quality hardware components or memory.... i hope they can fix those that have black screens with driver.... but it may also mean performance hit?

11/20/2013 01:01 PM

Author Icon
mikexx
Peon

Yeah! it seems like AMD is really working on a fix ive read it at other forums.. it should be online in the next few days.. !

http://www.overclock.net/t/1436497/official-amd-r9-290x-290-owners-club/6500#post_21221247 

''Hello everyone!

I apologize for my late response...

I just wanted to let you know we are aware of the black screen issues and currently working on it. I've exchanged a few pm with @Arizonian in the past few days about this issue. He has provided me a thorough summary of the issue, possible sources of the problem, as well as links to existing threads; which I have already forwarded to our Customer Support and Driver Team. Very helpful thumb.gif

Thank You to everyone who has posted, and more importantly Thank You for your patience''

Hell yeah about time, but iam glad it will be solved.
Mike 

11/20/2013 06:53 PM

Author Icon
renco
Peon

the latest news on the problem

SOURCE - November 18, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post

Hello again everyone,

We are going to release a new driver tomorrow which fixes the black screen problem you've been experiencing.

Again, I want to thank everyone for your patience.

SOURCE - November 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post

Hello everyone (@Arizonian)

I apologize, I just wanted to let you know we need a few more days to post the driver. I will make sure to keep you up-to-date on our progress...
 11/22/2013 01:59 PM

Author Icon
mikexx
Peon

Com'n! i wanne play give us the driver!! it cant be worse then it is 

11/22/2013 02:05 PM

Author Icon
jjjsong
Peon

I'm ok giving them a little time to make sure the fix will work... (and hopefully it'll also fix the blue screen issues).

However I'm still inclined to think the issue is hardware component or build quality related and the new driver perhaps is just going to loosen the stress on the card.  Maybe something like increasing the voltage and increase the memory timing, etc.

11/22/2013 02:28 PM

Author Icon
unixdude
Peon

I've been messing around with the dud card and the one that works - in crossfire my dud card is fine provided it is the second GPU no issues so far in crossfire or when using the working Asus card with the Epida ram so far on its own. 

Hopefully we get the driver soon. 

11/22/2013 02:39 PM

Author Icon
jjjsong
Peon

Yeah it's the fact that some work fine and some don't that's making me lean towards the possibility of the build quality being compromised, and the new driver is just going to be less strict on some of the timings and increase the voltage for stability.

11/22/2013 02:45 PM

Author Icon
mikexx
Peon

Originally posted by: jjjsong Yeah it's the fact that some work fine and some don't that's making me lean towards the possibility of the build quality being compromised, and the new driver is just going to be less strict on some of the timings and increase the voltage for stability.

It isnt a voltage problem since i have a custom rom on it and playing with voltage allready  that aint the problem. 

11/22/2013 03:01 PM

Author Icon
jjjsong
Peon

Originally posted by: mikexx It isnt a voltage problem since i have a custom rom on it and playing with voltage allready  that aint the problem. 

Maybe it's the memory timing then.  I'm just guessing... since that's all we can do right now as AMD has no fixes out yet.

11/22/2013 04:59 PM

Author Icon
mikexx
Peon

11/22/2013 05:32 PM

Author Icon
jjjsong
Peon

Great to see a new driver out.. hopefully it will fix my blue screen of death issues as well.  I'm still waiting for my replacement card to arrive so I won't be able to try it until Monday.

Would be nice if people currently having issues can report back with results.

11/22/2013 05:48 PM

Author Icon
unixdude
Peon

Just came to check this thread going to install the driver now and test it out with the dud card. 

Will take me a while using this guide to remove the drivers just to be sure - http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/how-to-properly-uninstall-ati-amd-software-drivers-for-graphics-cards

11/22/2013 05:56 PM

Author Icon
mikexx
Peon

Still having black screens.. ok iam done with this.

11/22/2013 06:09 PM

Author Icon
jjjsong
Peon

Originally posted by: mikexx Still having black screens.. ok iam done with this.

oh no.. my hopes shatter

11/22/2013 06:51 PM

Author Icon
dXc
Peon

As expected, still getting black screens. Nothing has changed at all. Absolutely nothing. Counts for every game I own. (BF4, SC2, WoW...)

i7 4700k @ 3,5Ghz, MSI Z87-G43 Z87 Mainboard, Sapphire R9 290X, D316GB 1600-10 RipjawsX RAM.

Seriously this is getting kinda ridiculous. I stayed calm the last 2 weeks, because I thought "Hey, give them the time they need. If everything works after the next fix, Im fine with that." But this lack of information which you give to your customers is unbelievable. Almost a month passed and nothing has changed and the worst thing - nobody officially told us, why this is happening. Who else should know except the ppl. who are responsable for this hardware + its drivers? I somehow start believing its hardware related...

Well, my 30 days cashback deadline ends in 1 week, which means I unfortunatly have to send this card back right now. Might consider to buy this card again later. I mean, it would be perfect - IF IT WOULD WORK. As a gamer, which this card is basically made for, I can expect from such a big company that a 550 € card is working the way its supposed to be.

Nevertheless it would be nice to hear, if you know the source of this problem and if you really think you`re able to fix this mess "soon".

Sorry for any language mistakes, I only learned english at school and due to gaming. 

So far, kindest regards.

Edited: 11/22/2013 at 07:06 PM by dXc
 11/22/2013 08:03 PM

Author Icon
unixdude
Peon

dXc RMA your card or get your cash back because it is borked - I only got blackscreens in BF4, COD Ghosts, Bioshock infinite. All other games I tested were fine - SC, WoW, SWTOR, BF3. I suspect the three causing the crashes are more demanding and a pushing the dud cards to the point they crashed. 

I haven't had a crash yet tonight but that doesn't mean it's fixed - Going to keep testing because unless more people come out and say it works I still think the issues isn't fixed yet and I suspect I'll black screen soon. 

AMD Support and Game » AMD Radeon™ Graphics » 290X issues AMD DONT IGNORE US!

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
88814 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.