Topic Title: Black screen after windows starting AMD R9 280x matrix
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/25/2013 10:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/25/2013 10:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
viktorvalk
Peon

Hi,

just bought a R9 290x Matrix graphics card. After installing the card I updated the driver with the disc the card came with. Installation was succesfull and after rebooting the screen became black after the Starting windows screen. I found solutions on the internet that the driver was malfunctioning so I used safe mode to uninstall the driver and used a Driver Sweeper to remove all remaining graphics drivers (just uninstalling without driver sweeper gave me the same problem. I repeated the process with 3 different driver versions (CD, newest Beta and 13.101). Everytime when I deinstall the driver it boots just fine, but everytime I install the ADM driver I get the black screen again. I also used another version of driver sweeper but nothing. Im running out of ideas.

Im running Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks in advance

12/15/2013 09:50 AM

Author Icon
robertinwyo
Peon

I have the same problem with a xfx one radeon 5450 have been racking my brains for a month

anybody have a solution would be nice as my onboard graphics wont allow support for a digital cable card

12/15/2013 12:22 PM

Author Icon
tfude
Peon

i just got a r7 240, and installed it, and have the same problem, used the drivers on the disc, same problem, used the newest driver, still same. FX6350, asus M5A99fx pro, 8gb ram, win 7 64bit all updates, it should have been an easy install but it has been all trouble, so back to the old card till i figure it out.

12/16/2013 01:20 PM

Author Icon
bricklane
Peon

Hi,

I've got the exact same problems. I've tried everything I could think off, but I am at wit's end.

CD Driver works fine, but its Catalyst 13.6, not really made for the R9 280X, but 13.10 and 13.11 b9.5 wont let me get past the "Windows is starting" part. It's black screen after that with my screen still on.

I tried 2 PCIe slots. Different Screens. Installed Service Pack 1. Updated everything. Reinstalled Windows 7 and uninstalled everything. Flashed my BIOS ( Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R ). Checked my ATX Plugs, but everything is fine.

When I tried to install Catalyst 13.11 b95 my screen turned black and the sound of "Hardware Removed" played.

I hope somebody can help us.

Statistics
84267 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.