Topic Title: R9 280x problems please advise
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/26/2013 11:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/26/2013 11:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
danieljbaker
Peon

Ok so i just built a brand new system for gaming on (specs below) and have been problems with i assume the graphics card ever since start and i could use some outside advise on what to do as ive tried everything to fix it.

Specs

MSI Z87 GD65 MoBo

I5 4670k

MSI R9 280x Catylyst 13.10/ Driver 13.200.0.0

700w Corsair PSU

2 x 4gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3 Memory

running Win 8.1 32bit

Ok so the problem is have only loaded wow onto this atm but whne ever i try to play it i get random glitches/crashes it either goes freezes and goes to a black screen then resumes as normal or freezes and goes black screen then displays the desktop and the sound freezes but keeps going however the desktop is non responsive and the cursor stays as the ingame cursor, the task bar functions as normal and i can open the start program and start programs though i cant use them as the main screen is nonresponsive, when running task manager at this stage it list wow as not responding and i cannot close it down the only way to fix this is to restart the computer.

Ive tried reinstalling the graphics drivers, reinstalling wow, running wow at directx9 and directx11 and always the same problem, i also tried turning the core clock on the gpu all the way down 

Has anyone got any ideas as to what is causing the problem or need any more details to help please let me know

Statistics
87644 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.